Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
A1A from JAX to Miami

Is this a scenic ride? Or a pain in the rear to navigate as opposed to I-95 or I-75? Time is not a concern.
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All depends what you are driving. A Porsche 911 with the top down? Gorgeous ride. A 40 ft DP with a tow? Take I-95 or the Turnpike.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
You might want to take portions of A1A, then flip back to I95. It is a beautiful drive, especially off tourist season.

Enjoy!
Old 12-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
A1A is a PITA in a coach. Do like we do in other locals where the road is a great tourist view but not for a coach. Stay at CGs near the route and drive the toad on A1A.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGHP View Post
Is this a scenic ride? Or a pain in the rear to navigate as opposed to I-95 or I-75? Time is not a concern.
We reside in FL and A1A in a car is fine although it can be tedious at times, in an RV it would be near impossible. As mentioned by others stick to the main roads, I-95 is fine and not far from A1A should you want to visit a particular area. Avoid rush hours at all costs, especially from West Palm Beach to Miami. If you are headed to the Keys, take the Turnpike. I-75 is a Fl west coast road.
captainchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to GraciesDaddy
A1A through St. Johns and Flagler Counties (between St. Augustine & Daytona) is doable in a rig and VERY scenic. As others have said, avoid the cities along A1A... Parts of U.S. 1 can be done in a rig as well.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:02 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
If you enjoy counting stop lights, A1A is the way to go. From JAX to MIA my guess would be over 500. Some lengths of A1A are very enjoyable but once you get to West a Palm, it'd be rough in a RV.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGHP View Post
The scenery is pretty much the same, mile after mile of beautiful sand beaches...interrupted by inlets, small towns, strip shopping centers, narrow/twisty sections, horrendous traffic and more traffic lights than you could ever imagine. Hope your brakes are in good shape.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Baron View Post
The scenery is pretty much the same, mile after mile of beautiful sand beaches...interrupted by inlets, small towns, strip shopping centers, narrow/twisty sections, horrendous traffic and more traffic lights than you could ever imagine. Hope your brakes are in good shape.
Don't forget all the drawbridges! PITA in a rig.