Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2016, 07:10 PM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmckinley View Post
I don't like people under age 55. They're different from the rest of us. And, they talk funny.

Be patient, they'll grow out of it.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #58
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
... I won't ever want to stay at a geezer park...
I'm guessing geezer isn't being used in the most flattering of terms here. Should we be insulted? Quite frankly, I'm glad I've got only 2 months until official "geezerhood age" & I've earned & will take all the privileges associated with it.

Lori-
Old 04-29-2016, 09:18 PM   #59

Can we take a moment to define Geezer. I turn 60 in one month and one day. OK, so am I already a Geezer, will I be a Geezer in 31 days, or do I have an extended time B4 I become a Geezer? I'd like to be a Geezer cause Dennys is 1 1/2 miles from our home. But I act like one of them thar youngins. My wife says even younger (actually the term was immature!). My body hurts when I get done working on the MH, so that in itself makes me think I'm truly a Geezer. But most of my friends are in their 30's and 40's, although a few 50+ folk have trickled in, and they know me to act like a non-Geezer. So I appear to be lacking in identity. What am I?????
Old 04-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #60

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Dubya View Post
Can we take a moment to define Geezer. I turn 60 in one month and one day. OK, so am I already a Geezer, will I be a Geezer in 31 days, or do I have an extended time B4 I become a Geezer? I'd like to be a Geezer cause Dennys is 1 1/2 miles from our home. But I act like one of them thar youngins. My wife says even younger (actually the term was immature!). My body hurts when I get done working on the MH, so that in itself makes me think I'm truly a Geezer. But most of my friends are in their 30's and 40's, although a few 50+ folk have trickled in, and they know me to act like a non-Geezer. So I appear to be lacking in identity. What am I?????
I hurt before I start work on the MH. Heck I hurt most of the day. But then I was two years in rehab that aged me from an accident I had. AARP will notify you when you are entering the land of Geezer.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:31 PM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
If I were under 55, I wouldn't want to be where everyone is over 55. I don't seek them out. It is a non-issue to me. I can't say that I have ever stayed at one. I do get the benefit of the DW's filing for a 65+ exemption on our property taxes this year. This caps it from now on.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Old 04-29-2016, 10:09 PM   #62

Quote:
I'm right behind you I turn 60 in August, but this guy must think "geezerhood" begins at 55. If So I'm happy to be a "geezer" who is retired, financially set with a great retirement and have already served my community well, and paid my dues. I too act like a non-geezer, have many outdoor hobbies, still able to do all the work around the house as well as my MH, including washing and waxing it. Get up with aches and pains the next day but wouldn't change it for anything.

Now we can enjoy our life and do whatever we want, whenever we want and go anywhere we want including those over 55 CG's if we want to.....even though I really never knew I was an "old geezer".
Old 04-29-2016, 10:18 PM   #63

I've gotten the biggest kick out of this thread. I'm just a few days older than B Duyba, and I have to ask all of you other "geezers" have you seen the movie "Harold"? That was a trip! Laugh my backsides off! Reminded me of what I may be like in a few years, LOL!!!!

But to the OP, what is discrimination? I discriminate daily. People that I want to hang out with, people I don't want to hang out with. Men I hang out with, certain kinds of men that I don't want to hang out with. Do I want to work in an environment that caters to women again? Positivily NOT! Do I want to be in a park where the kids are screaming, dads and moms saying 'Now Timmy (apologies to any named Tim) you behave yourself and stop that yelling. Right now. I mean it. Do you want to get in trouble? (And its been 2 hours that this kind of dialogue has been going on.) Just the other night, DW and I were in a local restaurant, neighbor lady down the street who has two daughters, younger one needs attention (she would not like the kind of attention that I would give her) climbed up on the ledge by the tables and benches walking around the ledge, in between the windows and the seating, and wouldn't get down. Mommy speaking to her softly, kept telling her to get down. She finally did, after 5 minutes. Told DW lets go when mom ran her to bathroom. 27 years ago, if that was MY daughter, I think you all know just exactly what I would have done to her either in the eating facility, or out by the car. Nope, we have too many rights. Took me a long time to realize that fact, but it is true. Things would have been different if we did not have all the rights that we have today. Maybe.

Now, I've went and talked too much.....
Old 04-29-2016, 10:23 PM   #64

Carolina Campers
I want to get younger than 55 so I can be discriminated against for being too young.... Try getting a job when you are over 62... That is when you feel what age discrimination is all about...
Old 04-29-2016, 10:39 PM   #65

As long as they post their reservation requirements up front who cares. There are lots of places to stay so move on and find one that doesn't have limitations. I for one am getting tired of the "I'm being discriminated against crowd". It's a privately owned park and the owner has the right to determine how he wants to use his property. Suck it up and move on.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:21 AM   #66

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
So I appear to be lacking in identity. What am I?????
geezer-neutral

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Old 04-30-2016, 06:09 AM   #67

Maybe we can get a "Geezer" forum put on here?? 55+..??
Old 04-30-2016, 06:11 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor1920 View Post
As long as they post their reservation requirements up front who cares. There are lots of places to stay so move on and find one that doesn't have limitations. I for one am getting tired of the "I'm being discriminated against crowd". It's a privately owned park and the owner has the right to determine how he wants to use his property. Suck it up and move on.
X2,
Old 04-30-2016, 06:16 AM   #69
laj

x3, people spend all their time whining and poor me thinking they have no time for life itself.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:49 AM   #70

AARP starts handing out geezer cards at 50. Somebody needs to establish a Uniform Code of Geezer Identification., UCGI for short. We need an established list of criteria to determine ones level of geezerness.

1. Do a majority of your pants have elastic in the waist, you might be a geezer!

2. Do you routinely eat dinner/supper between the hours of 4pm and 5:30pm? You might be a Geezer!

Feel free to continue the UCGI as the thoughts occur and be sure to post them before your feeble mind forgets the idea. Go!
Closed Thread

Tags
scr