Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Pat and I just spent a beautiful week at Lake George NY, we car tripped for 3 days around the mountains and lakes of Aiderondak Park. weather was cool all week until Friday, a big storm came through on Sat and caused several trees to come down in the CG. One tree feel on a tent smashing it, luckily no one was in the tent or they would have been killed for sure. Well that makes 6 full weeks of camping this summer, Pat is back to school on Monday until she retires in Dec I recommend Schroon River Resort in NY of of I-87 exit 23

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
Pat and I just spent a beautiful week at Lake George NY, we car tripped for 3 days around the mountains and lakes of Aiderondak Park. weather was cool all week until Friday, a big storm came through on Sat and caused several trees to come down in the CG. One tree feel on a tent smashing it, luckily no one was in the tent or they would have been killed for sure. Well that makes 6 full weeks of camping this summer, Pat is back to school on Monday until she retires in Dec I recommend Schroon River Resort in NY of of I-87 exit 23

Old 08-26-2007, 08:00 PM   #3

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I'm glad you had a nice time...that place is on my list too !! Also glad no one was hurt in the storm.</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
Glad you all had a good time. Me on the other hand, I think I located the Tornado Alley of NY State. We were in Marathon NY, just north of Binghamton. Last Friday we took the Harley out for a trip around the Finger lakes. Weather report was for storms, late in the evening. Long story, not too short but we got caught in the storm while on the bike and had to limp back slowly to the campground some 75 miles away. When we got there, our awning was on top of the RV, numerous vents were broken and there were holes and cracks on the side of the RV from the awning arms hitting. Thank god no glass broken. The storm was not predicted for that area and we were told by others it came unexpectantly and with 70 mph winds. The awning was tied down but the arms actually broke where they were attached to the top of the RV. Insurance adjuster was here already......whew!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:06 AM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Wow Hog, sorry to here about yer episode with Mother nature. Last weekend was a thriller all across NY state. We did get hit Saturday, a large branch 6-7"s in diameter landed just a few feet from the windshield, you know the new one piece kind . I'm glad you both made it home safe, the coach can be fixed much easier then either of you

Old 08-29-2007, 09:29 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
I failed to mention the week before we were at Cape Vincent NY at the beginning of the Thousand Islands and the weather was beautiful but a little cool at night, and that was OK!