Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Alberta Creek Resort and Marina

Alberta Creek Resort and Marina... First off let me clear the air on the name..The word "resort" should be omitted. It is a pleasant looking place, shade? Umm, no... There are trees, but not where the RV park map says they are. For instance, on the map it says 1 is shaded, its not. They have a lot of trees that have been chopped down. Amenties.... Gilligans Island had more! They have a cafe and a store? They even have boat rentals? Lets start with the store... We walked in, the girl behind the counter was deeply engrossed in a conversation with another young lady about ice cream...She never even said Hi or anything else to us, we didnt exist so we walked back to the rv site. Later that afternoon we decided to find out about renting a boat for the next morning... We walked back down to the "store" and Brenda was still there. Still no greating. We asked about renting a boat, she told us to call the office, she didnt know how that worked and what was available. Ironically, we walked back to the RV and called (we left our cell phones in the rv). They said that we needed to call the "store". We went outside and the guy that checked us in was in his golf cart, we told him what happened and he said he could call the owner.. this guy is really nice, however, talking to him and getting a response is a completely different scenerio, its like trying to get a response from the governor in the movie "best little whore house in texas" with Dollie Parton. Ok, now I am sure that you saw the word store in quotes, if you want beer they have it! If you need a necessity, forget it! On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this place a ZERO. The roads are narrow getting here, the amenties are non existant. The staff is pretty much invisible. Oh and the kicker of all kickers, my dog had to go number two when we first got here, the guy leading us to our site told me not to worry about picking it up, he said the ducks would eat it. YUCK, I picked it up anyway! We never heard about the boat rental, and decided we were going home, we paid for three nights and I am ready to leave. It has only been one day and we paid for three. They can have the money, maybe they can use it for training and employee development.. or a pool, or a sign that says TURN BACK NOW! RUN!!!!

Tomandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
thanks tom&jimmy

you might want to do a post to RV Park Reviews :: Home
for there is a very strong following on that site for people looking for where to stay (and not stay)

regards, pdq
peter & larry... tiffin 2015 allegro 36LA ~ chevy 2009 HHR tow
we're here... http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=12260
our blog... http://wllrtr.tumblr.com
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote