Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2015, 04:30 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Anchor Downs RV Resort Best site?

I am looking for those that have stayed here and walked/looked at the park during their visit. I always do this, so as to tell others what site to ask for and which one provides a good view for your stay. We like pull-in sites so as to have the view out the front windshield.....along with a view from our outdoor seating. So........which site would you recommend? Pull-in , back-in.......? Looks like a great place!
Can one rent a boat there ?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2015, 05:06 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi palehorse89,
You are correct. It is a very nice CG. Good place to stay if lake activities are what you will do. However, if the shows, Parkway attractions, GSMNP, etc is where you will spend your active time, Anchor Downs is quite a drive to these activities. If you have ever been to this area, you know traffic can be a difficult. The sites are a bit tight. Some have fireplaces. If that is important, to you, put it on your list.

A view of the mountains can be had from site 2615 at The Dell. 2615 is the only rental site that provides a view of the Smoky Mountains. Mt. LeConte will be able to be seen from the coach front windshield and from the forward part of the site entertainment area. Go to http://www.hiddenmountain.com/cabin-type/the-dell-rv/ for information and to reserve. While providing peace and quiet, The Dell is located about 1 mile off the Parkway. It is at the border of Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. All this means you are very close to activities and a very short drive.

Mountain view or lake view, your choice.

To obtain the site you want, consider calling the CG and asking for their recommendations and choices. Print the CG map and have it with you during the call. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable of the CG.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:40 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi palehorse89,
You are correct. It is a very nice CG. Good place to stay if lake activities are what you will do. However, if the shows, Parkway attractions, GSMNP, etc is where you will spend your active time, Anchor Downs is quite a drive to these activities. If you have ever been to this area, you know traffic can be a difficult. The sites are a bit tight. Some have fireplaces. If that is important, to you, put it on your list.

A view of the mountains can be had from site 2615 at The Dell. 2615 is the only rental site that provides a view of the Smoky Mountains. Mt. LeConte will be able to be seen from the coach front windshield and from the forward part of the site entertainment area. Go to Hidden Mountain Resort, Inc. | Cabin Types | The Dell RV for information and to reserve. While providing peace and quiet, The Dell is located about 1 mile off the Parkway. It is at the border of Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. All this means you are very close to activities and a very short drive.

To obtain the site you want, consider calling the CG and asking for their recommendations and choices. Print the CG map and have it with you during the call. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable of the CG.

Wow ... that does look nice. I've put it on my to do list.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:00 AM   #4

We have stayed many times and like site 72 (if you can get it) - no one behind you and a great unobstructed view of the lake because you are the last site before the hill goes down. Sites starting with 139 are at the bottom of the hill. Sites 54 to 66 have great views but a bit crowded for us - every time we went there were several friends camping together so a lot going on. We tend to stay in 35 because it is quieter and you are at the top of that section and overlook everything.site 28 and 29 are nice.

SOLD 2013 Newmar Ventana 4346
msy4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:13 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi palehorse89,

A view of the mountains can be had from site 2615 at The Dell. 2615 is the only rental site that provides a view of the Smoky Mountains. Mt. LeConte will be able to be seen from the coach front windshield and from the forward part of the site entertainment area. Go to Hidden Mountain Resort, Inc. | Cabin Types | The Dell RV for information and to reserve. While providing peace and quiet, The Dell is located about 1 mile off the Parkway. It is at the border of Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. All this means you are very close to activities and a very short drive.

Hello Gary, We are more interested in quite........but I am sure I will have to take the DW down to the strip so she can shop/do her thing.
I have also looked at the Dells before, don't you own lots there? I remember them being for sale some years back. Do they list the rental cost on their site? I seem not to able to see/find the rental cost?
We love being by the water, ..with a view of it during our stay. I would like to rent a boat to go out and explore the lake and maybe do a little fishing
I am going to take your suggestion and just call the owner, they sound like wonderful people, Every review mentions them!
Thanks for your post to my question, and hope the Holiday's went well for you and yours! Thank again.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:44 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by msy4us View Post
We have stayed many times and like site 72 (if you can get it) - no one behind you and a great unobstructed view of the lake because you are the last site before the hill goes down. Sites starting with 139 are at the bottom of the hill. Sites 54 to 66 have great views but a bit crowded for us - every time we went there were several friends camping together so a lot going on. We tend to stay in 35 because it is quieter and you are at the top of that section and overlook everything.site 28 and 29 are nice.
Thank you very much for your post also Larry! I am in the process today looking at your suggested sites..........I love the views of the lake!
Old 01-02-2016, 10:32 AM   #7

We were in site 52 but if I go back, I'll try to get in 55-67 or 72 (as suggested above) as they have good lake views.
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:14 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi palehorse89,
In 2015 the site rental pricing ranged from $45 - $75 per night. Best I know there are no discounts. I do own there, but do not rent. Everyone is different. That is why there are so many different choices.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote