Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Where else could one get all this for $5 a day per person between DC and Baltimore??

AMENITIES
• Pet Exercise Park
• Catch & Release Fishing
• Exercise Room
• Laundromat
• Playgrounds
• Volleyball
• Basketball
• Horseshoes
• Arcade/Game Room
• Free Wi-Fi
• Heated Pool
• Jumping Pillow
• Paddle Boats
• Lodge Hall
• General Store
• Acres of Woods for Long Walks & Wildlife Viewing

Clearly stated......Visitors - per Person Fee $5

Free Pizza party for 16 and under.
Take a picture with our friend Jeremiah. Free Popcorn.
Easter Egg Hunt, Egg Toss and many more activities are planned for your enjoyment!
Hayride - Meet in Front of Game Room.
We are going to have a Pool Party.
Fish-a-thon catch and release with Mr. Jerry as your helper.
We are going back to the 60’s & 70’s country music by Terry Harris.
Bring your Lawn Chair, and listen to Two Men and Machine - Front of Front of Lodge Hall
Pavilion - Tie Dye.
Meet at the lodge hall to hear Blue Angel — Roy Orbison.
Live: Vintage Entertainment “Great American Song Book” starring Frank & Trish Currie
Live Music: Long Cross at Lodge Hall.
Come to the Pool Party - see if you can be the winner of the cake walk.
Free Pizza party for 16 and under. YUM!
Bring lawn chairs and enjoy Billy Harrison & The Haywire Band

heck out Equipment at Office
Shuffle Board Sticks • Volley Balls • Horseshoes • Basketballs • Softballs

We offer a stocked, catch and release fishing pond, and acres of woods for long walks and wildlife viewing. A swimming pool is available for poolside lounging and cool plunges on those warm Summer days. We also offer an exercise room, volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, playgrounds, game room, paddle boats, pet exercise park, and general store, along with our Lodge Hall.

"When I said I was going to post my negative comments to the various forums I am a member of their response was again "Oh well!""

I also say, "Oh well!".

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tom N......thanks for posting "And now the rest of the story."

I was wondering why they were charging $5.00 per person. Makes sense now.

Pretty cheap price for all those amenities.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:03 PM   #17

Looked at their web site. The place looks great... except for the dog breed restriction. We would definitely stay there and have no problem paying a guest fee for the use of the facilities and services.
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
I have seen many parks charge $5.00 for visitors. Otherwise people go set up camp and bring there entire families to use the facilities, not leaving room for those that paid to stay there. It is a shame that a few have ruined it for everyone.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
Looked at their web site. The place looks great... except for the dog breed restriction. We would definitely stay there and have no problem paying a guest fee for the use of the facilities and services.
I'll take the bait.

"4a. Restricted Breeds: German Shepherds, Pit Bulls, Chows, Rottweiler, Dobermans, Mastiffs, Airedales, Staffordshire or any mixed breeds of those dogs."

Looks like I'll be able to bring my wolf and coyote.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:27 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Web sites can be VERY deceiving. Do not believe everything you see on the web site. If it were all accurate they would be getting far better than 3.4 rating on RVParkReviews.com. Go ahead and read some of the other reviews.

Quote:
AMENITIES
• Pet Exercise Park - If you would like your dog rolling in other dogs excrement then I guess this is correct. The Park obviously does not expend any effort keeping this clean. I ALWAYS carry bags to pick up after my small dog, but many weekenders do not seem to think this an important chore. And before you start beating me around the head, I witnessed repeated people who stayed from Friday to Sunday that did not do so. When I mentioned this to management, got the same response, "oh well!"
• Catch & Release Fishing - OK in a pond if you're into fishing
• Exercise Room
• Laundromat - $2.00 for washing and drying
• Playgrounds - Needs some TLC
• Volleyball - Did not notice this
• Basketball - Did not see any basketball courts
• Horseshoes - did not see any pits
• Arcade/Game Room
• Free Wi-Fi - could not connect to. Kept getting Filtered Connection First time this has happened with my WiFi Ranger system
• Heated Pool - Very crowded on weekends
• Jumping Pillow
• Paddle Boats - Did not see any paddle boats in the pond
• Lodge Hall
• General Store - Very limited selections
• Acres of Woods for Long Walks & Wildlife Viewing
Their web site also specifies Petting Zoo. What a laugh. Have a pen with 2 goats and a sign stating Beware the goats bite!

The Miniature Golf needs a lot of TLC and cleaning as well, plus it is an extra cost. You daily or weekly rental, and your guests fee does not cover this.

They cater to Weekend Guests from the city and do not care about the FT weekly or monthly guests they get. If there were anything else close we would not have made a second visit. We will definitely be staying somewhere else, even if further from our family, during our next visit.

I am accustomed and expect a certain level of customer service. Instead of "Oh Well" an explanation of my initial question would have been much more appropriate. The place is pretty much a ghost town from Sunday evening until Thursday or Friday evening. If everything stated on the web site were true I would expect more travelers through the area to be stopping.

Believe me or not, makes no difference to me. Take your chances here if your will, again makes no difference to me. I was trying to report a campground that fell woefully short on their guest (customer) service.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
W
Believe me or not, makes no difference to me. Take your chances here if your will, again makes no difference to me. I was trying to report a campground that fell woefully short on their guest (customer) service.
Seeing as they have the same sort of negative reviews for the same sort of things, going back a decade, what is not to believe.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:16 AM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Hmmm ... well, we've stayed at Ramblin' Pines roughly two weeks out of the last month (our first times there), and our experience was the opposite of the OP's. We found the park to well worth the price, and the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I suppose I should post my experience to the park review sites too, just to provide some balance.

We called them on short notice, needing to come to the area for a funeral, and they could not have been nicer or more accommodating. We then came back a few weeks later, and found more of the same. I walked our two dogs up to the dog park every morning, and never noticed any mess from previous visitors. (In fact, I never saw another dog in the dog park.) However, we left on Friday both times, so didn't see the weekend crowd.

By the way, the horseshoe pits are right next to the "petting zoo" -- they would be hard to miss if you explored that area.

I thought the ladies in the office were very nice -- but then, I wasn't complaining to them about a policy (like the per-person visitor fee) that was clearly stated on their web site. I imagine if you argued with me about something like that, I'd be pretty indifferent too. Looked at another way -- if you work at (or even own) a campground that has a stated policy, and someone complains about that policy, what are you supposed to do -- waive that policy for them, just because they don't like it?
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:12 AM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Sorry, I did not see the horseshoe pits. We did see the so called "petting zoo" and indeed saw the sign stating the goats bite.

It is very easy for staff to be courteous and friendly when not confronted with a difficult question. However the difficult part of customer service comes in when confronted with that difficult question or a complaint.

To be honest, other than when confronted with a complaint, the staff were friendly, but each time we voiced a complaint, the true nature came forward, "Oh well!" Good customer service includes listening to the complaint (we voiced 2 complaints on 2 different occasions) then explaining the policy and why they either can or cannot help resolve the complaint. If they cannot help they should state they will forward the complaint to the appropriate person or at least state they are sorry this is a problem and they will consider the complaint to see if a way can be developed to solve the problem. This is considered good customer service in this type of industry. I worked many years in customer service in an entertainment venue and indeed facilitated the training of team members in a large (40,000+ employee) organization who had EVERY employee attend a special customer service day long program to answer these type of complaints. This staff fell woefully short!

Perhaps the pet run was cleaned because my DW and I spent quite a bit of time and bags picking up other dog owner's left overs. We do this whenever we find these left overs, usually on Mondays as we walk around.

Like I and others have said, look through the reviews and form your own opinion. Whenever I see a park that has mostly positives and one negative I usually discount the negative. Whenever I see a park with significant mixed reviews it tells me they sometimes do well and other times do poorly. This was a case of the poor service!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:43 AM   #24

If you don't mind driving, and after what you said I doubt you would, here are some examples of good MD RV Parks.
Bumble Bee RV Park & Campground
Assateague Island National Seashore (U.S. National Park Service)
Washington DC Travel | Maryland Camping | RV Sites
Cherry Hill Park is the Closest Campground to Washington, DC :|: Cherry Hill Park
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:52 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
A few agree with the OP, many do not. http://www.rvparkreviews.com/view_campground_review_details.php?cgid=1345Žion=M aryland&city=Woodbine&park=Ramblin--Pines-Campground

If you want to have a family outing for $5.00 this is not the place and others have said management is "crabby".
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
It is very easy for staff to be courteous and friendly when not confronted with a difficult question. However the difficult part of customer service comes in when confronted with that difficult question or a complaint.

To be honest, other than when confronted with a complaint, the staff were friendly, but each time we voiced a complaint, the true nature came forward, "Oh well!" Good customer service includes listening to the complaint (we voiced 2 complaints on 2 different occasions) then explaining the policy and why they either can or cannot help resolve the complaint.
BINGO!!
It is easy to smile when things are going well. True character comes though with there is a problem...
Old 08-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have seen many parks charge $5.00 for visitors. Otherwise people go set up camp and bring there entire families to use the facilities, not leaving room for those that paid to stay there. It is a shame that a few have ruined it for everyone.
We experienced that a few weeks ago. 3 cars and a van used the two spaces next to us and all we heard was screaming and hollering from kids and parents all weekend. They set up about 8 tents and even brought a large refrigerator (eye soar). We were in between them and the water so they were always going threw our camp. I'm not into Spanish music either.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #28

Thanks for the feedback. I am always traveling through Md I will make sure I stay away from Rambling Pines. The "Oh We'll" attitude they can keep and and it to their bottom line, in red.

2009 37ft Four Winds Magellan Ford V10:2011 Honda CRV Toad/2008 Keystone Sprinter
ewg1022 is offline   Reply With Quote