Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #1

Any favorite places to stay in California with water view?

just returning from this winters get away and wondering where people go for a month on the water in California. We spent a week at Chula Vista RV Resort and it was pretty nice, but also commercial. Would love to know if anyone could recommend a place a bit more laid back, near or on the water. Thank you.
ja63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I'll be interested in the responses you get too. I'm a California native and have had a really hard time finding ocean view sites that can accommodate a 40 footer. I know of two in San Diego but the water view is the bay and talk about commercial....! SF RV Resort in Pacifica has ocean views but is basically a parking lot with a great location.

Best of luck

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Check out Newport Dunes.
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Cali, water, and commercial go hand in hand in hand! If it don't make dollars it don't make sense. Now how about a few spots in Oregon?
I won't tell anyone!
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #5

I like Chula Vista, but it has been a while since our list visit. Pachange is wonderful, but inland, not much to recommend in the Los Angeles area. Next would be Ventura RV park, on the wrong side of the freeway, but still an ocean access park. Flying Flags in Solvang/Beulton is a lovely place to stay.
So much for my recommendations.
Happy Trails.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Moro Dunes in Moro Bay is right on the water--well just accross the street. Pismo Beach has some parks on the water---I also understand that Malibu has a park with water views.

Mission Bay? Park there on the water. Santee Lakes. Look em' up.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #7

Thank you everyone. Two nights ago we stayed in San Simeon, upper level,Washburn for $18.,no hook ups, but pristine,views of ocean, $10.wheelbarrow full of hardwood, great fire, great place. We are 36',with Harley on lift in back,+ a tow car and made room for all. now we are at Carmel by the River RV Park, $60. With their discount,hook ups, but ugh, just a place to stay over, nice landscaping...but you better be on your game to get across the bridge to get here!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

We love Carmel and have stayed at that park many times. Isn't that bridge going in a hoot? In our 40DP w/toad it does make for an interesting entrance.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #9

Crater Lake is great, also Lost Creek Lake, but no septic hook up just el. And water. Anything in Union Creek is nice. none of these are ocean front,but real nice. Front row at Edgewater park in Shady Cove, HUGE salmon pulled up from shore front, out of the Rogue River. There are more but I need to look them up. Loved Brookings, facing ocean, fantastic views forgot the name, but right by Best Western Hotel. Not much in way of good places to eat out in Brookings.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #10

Interesting huh,hmm...after driving down Hwy 1 I had enough interesting for one day, but we all like different things, never any rights or wrongs, just different. guess the proximity of this place is decent, but I liked San Simeon, at least in winter, while this place is more typical rv stop, nothing here makes me want to stay, rather just plug in sleep,then leave.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #11

Have you tried some of the state beaches in northern San Diego County, like Carlsbad State Beach or San Elijo?
Old 02-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #12

no, but I will,thank you.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
KOA at Trinity Lake, near the water no views

Pismo Coast RV Village, at the Beach

Half Moon Bay State Beach, boondocking with 14 day limit

City Park, Lake Tahoe

Zephyr Cove RV Park, Lake Tahoe
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Try Jalama Beach out of Lompac https://www.google.com/search?q=jala...w=1280&bih=661
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, water