Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Talking Any good RV parks on way to Florida

Any good reviews for RV parks on the way to Orlando from Indianapolis? We are probably going to head out toward Cincinnati on 75 and try a different route through the Carolinas on 77 and pick up 95 through Georgia. Looks like there might be some good places to camp maybe in Virginia and the Carolinas.

shelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Try looking on the RV Park review website. Only you know where you want to stop.

jack r

Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
We liked Dreyer Island State Park in Georgia. It's about 20 miles off the highway but worth the drive. We were in a drive thru site, right on the lake, site 14.
Paul, Kathy, and Tux a 4 month Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
We left Indianapolis in March, took I 65 to Nashville, Then stayed on I 65, to avoid Atlanta.all the way to Montgomery, then headed easterly to Dotham, to I 10, to I 75. Anything to AVOID ATLANTA !!!!!..
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Hunting Island State Park in SC, just north of GA is beautiful! It's a half hour or more from the interstate, but the park and Beaufort are both worth the trip and deserve a couple of days visit at least. The sites in the loop closest to the ocean are small and don't offer much privacy, but the back loops are nicer, although a little longer walk to the beach. The bath houses are old and need repair and sprucing up, but the location can't be beat.
Yarcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
If you take Tom325's advice and take I-65 I can recommend Oak Mountain State Park just south of Birmingham. It's close to the interstate, has FULL hook-ups, in a beautiful location with trails, and golf course, birding, conservation center etc. We've stayed there a couple of times and really enjoy it.
Yarcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
I don't have any specific recommendations, but you could go to woodalls.com and look for CGs along your anticipated route.
--2005 F350 Superduty Crewcab, 6.0, 4wd, short bed, 3.73 gears
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--SOLD 2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38'
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
I live 45 miles north of Atlanta......Dawsonville, Ga. Take my advice and avoid driving through or near Atlanta!!! Way too many drivers in and around the city and suburbs who have a bad case of "cranial/rectal inversion" to suit any sane driver.
Good luck and God's speed to you.
chastainat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #9
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hunting Island is a very nice place but used to be better. Beach erosion has caused the loss of campground sites, the sites appear to be smaller, and the reserve system makes it difficult to get a spot unless you plan way ahead of time or you may get lucky if staying only a coupe of days or someone cancels at the last minute. The bridges have improved but still a little narrow. Hunting Island is a little too far away for us now unless we can stay a week and we can't plan too many months in advance so we haven't been able to camp there for years. Last two trips we stayed at a cabin but they are no longer available now I believe also due to erosion. It is a very popular and beautiful place (lots of mosquitoes in the back spots) but a bit off of I95. The fresh shrimp at the Gay Fish Company are great.

Catch14me is offline   Reply With Quote