Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #1

Any recent stays in New Orleans?

Perhaps Poncetrain Landing , like idea of shuttle...or French Quyarter RV. Any other suggestions and/or advice? Thanks. bb
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
French Quarter RV was very nice & large RV space. Could walk to the Quarter. Passport America good for one night. I-10 freeway right next to & above the park but used ear plugs.
Would use this park again. Office was open 24 hours.
Hal
Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

We really enjoyed staying at French Quarter RV resort. Pricey but very nice and convenient.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #4

We stayed at Pontchartrain Landing last November and enjoyed it there. You can take their shuttle or drive to FQ. The RV park is quiet and on the water so its really a nice contrast after a day in the city. Plus, there is a bar & grill in the park for a sandwich and live music weekend nights. We would stay there again.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #5

Anyone take any side tours you would recommend?

Chuck, what was price of shuttles? Several drop offs (FQ, Riverwalk, etc)? I'm liking what I read about Pontcartrain Landing. Seems much quieter than FQ RV.

Bill
Old 05-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #6

We went to Nawlins in April, stayed at Fontainbleau State Park in Mandeville,across the Ponchatrain. Beautiful park,$28 a night, pullthru sites. hookups on wrong side & no sewer, but for a couple nights no problem easy dump station on way in or out. Loved the food, worth getting beat up driving I-10. Les bon ton roles or sumptin like that.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #7

I don't recall the shuttle price since we didn't use it, but it is not much, $5 or $10 for the round trip maybe. It was popular because it was always full when we saw it leave.

I was just looking at their web site and it reminded me; don't let that picture of the park fool you, that's an artist rendering of some future view of the park. Don't get me wrong, its still a nice place and we really enjoyed it. In fact after we got there we extended our stay a few days. Its just that the picture is not the way the place looks now. Go to Google satellite view for a real view.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Stayed recently at Pontchatrain Landing. Clean, nice friendly staff. Shuttle was great and I think was $4 a day. Will stay again.
marthalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthalin View Post
Stayed recently at Pontchatrain Landing. Clean, nice friendly staff. Shuttle was great and I think was $4 a day. Will stay again.
Sounds really nice. Appears park is not to much trouble to get to off I10. Been to NO numerous times but all enough years ago to want to go back...and all before Katrina. Was there as a child on family vacation then returned at 17 (1963) on Senior Trip (yep, old enough to have been a part of the days high schools allowed senior trips, took a train from Texarkana). There again on honeymoon with late wife in '68, then a few SHOT Show conventions later. Current wife, originally from Alexandria, went there to work just out of high school in mid-sixties so we both look forward to checking the city out again, seeing some old and some new.

Thanks to all for input, keep ideas coming.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
If you're eligible, the Naval Air Reserve Station, and belle Chase is a nice stay at a very reasonable cost. Need to have a DOD ID of some kind.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote