Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #1

Any Southern Florida RV spots available now

Last minute decision to leave the cold and head to Florida. Can anyone currently in Florida advise on available of space at your location.
Looking for temps at least in the mid to high 70s. Figure we will have to be at least south of Kissimmee. Would prefer something more toward the Gulf side. A lot of scheduled activities are not a must. Prefer setting outside reading, etc. Plus some day trips.
Would like to keep cost about $800/month. . . . . but, I realize I am talking about Florida. The colder the wife gets the more money I am willing to spend.
Our RV is a 34 foot Class A gas, with two slides. We tow a car on a dolly.
Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
there are plenty of open spaces. not in the keys, but in SW Florida. Go to RV Parky and type in Port Charlotte. Harbor Lakes an Encore park has openings. The New Myakka River RV Park is an upscale park. Because of the price getting space in STATE Parks is not easy and only for 2 weeks at a time. But there is lots of space available, just not in most poplar areas. safe travels... ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
at top of page just under banner, is link campgrounds, you pick state and gives u whole list, most have websites, u can check out place/rates. tomorrow will be 79 in cape coral area, but back to 72 towards next week.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #4

iRV2 No Limits Club
$800.00 a month most likely will not get what you have outlined. (Near the Gulf and south) Better start thinking around $1,000-$1,200.00.

The other situation is you will have a hard time finding long term spots. (more than a week at a time) Most monthly spots are occupied. Not all.

In general the further south you go, and the closer to the water, the higher the site rents.

It is doable, but you will have to do some research. It possible but will not be real easy. Come on down. Bring money
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #5

There is a place in Palmdale called Fish Eatin Creek. I don't think it has any timie limits. I will be going there next week to get away from it all. The thing is that it is near nothing. If nature is what you love this will be great but if you are looking for facilities near attractions then keep looking. The county parks are a good deal but all of them have a 2 week maximum stay. You can forget about getting into anything is the keys. Come to think of it there is also a place called Southern Comfort in Homestead. I stayed there and found it very reasonable and it is closer to attractions. This is the snowbird season so you won't find any great deals.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:03 AM   #6

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D in Davie View Post
There is a place in Palmdale called Fish Eatin Creek. I don't think it has any timie limits. I will be going there next week to get away from it all. The thing is that it is near nothing. If nature is what you love this will be great but if you are looking for facilities near attractions then keep looking. The county parks are a good deal but all of them have a 2 week maximum stay. You can forget about getting into anything is the keys. Come to think of it there is also a place called Southern Comfort in Homestead. I stayed there and found it very reasonable and it is closer to attractions. This is the snowbird season so you won't find any great deals.
Fish Eating Creek is run by a concessionaire of the state. It you want to truly get away, it is a great campground.

It is 15 miles from the town of Labelle, and there are NO convenience stores. Bring what you need, including drinking water. The water supplied by the campground is O.K. for washing, etc. but does not taste good. (Sulfur)

The stay is limited to 2 weeks during busy season.

Here is a link: Fisheating Creek Campground - Fisheating Creek Outpost
Old 01-28-2014, 06:35 AM   #7

iRV2 No Limits Club
Double Post. Sorry.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #8

You may like to try KOA Naples/ Marco Island where we are. Site D5 next to us is open but needs leveling. There are also a couple open on H row next to Tower Road (24 & 19). Price with tax is around 1k. Give Paula a ring and tell her I sent you!
Martin
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We're in Deer Creek, just south of Kissimmee and no more than 20 minutes from any of the Disney theme parks. We're a couple hours from either coast. There are available sites, including a couple right on the golf course.

There are 5 communities within Deer Creek, including one that is type A exclusive. A site on the golf course can be had within your stated budget, including utilities. Sites off the course for a bit less.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Living in SWFL, and the traffic I have seen on the streets lately, it looks like you are not alone make the deep freeze escape. An RV Park might look empty to someone on the forum, but how many have called and reserved spots because of the weather up north? I think you will need to get on the phone and start calling. Don't expect the best parks to have openings and $800. a month will not get much during prime season, Jan-Mar. Most of parks in this area that is the summer rates when temps and humidity are high, but we are close to the beaches.

There is always the chance of a cancellation due to weather (snowed in) and can't make it
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
On the Eastern shore south of Daytona around Oak Hill are some nice CG's. We stay the month of March right on the inter-coastal waterway for just over $600. I think most of the CG's in that area are in the same price range because of competition. If you want more info send me a PM.

TeJay
Old 01-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is our second season at Seminole Campground in North Fort Myers. It is a small (129 sites), very friendly, RV-only park (no park models). There are all types of RV's here from a VW camper van to a Prevost bus to travel trailers to fifth wheels. It was very recently upgraded with level sites and concrete pads. Seminole CG is about 1 mile off of I75, but away from the traffic of Fort Myers. The CG is pet friendly and has many shade trees (you may need a portable sat dish to get a signal). There is wifi here with a recent expansion of service. It seems to have many of the amenities that you are seeking. We stow our tow dolly out back at no charge. The cost, as many have stated, is higher than your $800 goal. It's about $1,000 per month plus electricity.

Seminole Campground & RV Park

Good luck in finding a CG in warm, SW Florida!!

Fran
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:49 AM   #13

South Bay RV Park on the southern side of Lake Okeechobee has some open spots; no idea if or how long they might be available. According to the weather guessers the temperature's going to plummet to the mid-70s this week.

South Bay RV Park
Old 01-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #14

Thank you for your assistance. I appreciate your comments. I found a place in Kissimmee.

Tags
florida