Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2016, 08:48 PM   #1

Anyone ever camped and rode TAYLOR PARK COLORADO???

Have a trip planned for the toyhauler and atvs to Taylor park in Colorado in June. Staying at Atv dream ranch campground. Anyone ever been? If so what did you think and what time of the year was it and how was weather?
Thanks in advance
Kram2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram2724 View Post
Have a trip planned for the toyhauler and atvs to Taylor park in Colorado in June. Staying at Atv dream ranch campground. Anyone ever been? If so what did you think and what time of the year was it and how was weather?
Thanks in advance
Been to Taylor Park several times although we usually camp in Buena Vista. In June there will be lots of ATVs on the trails around TP. The weather is usually very nice with cool nights in June. There will still be some snow blocked trails at higher elevations in June.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #3

We've stayed a few times at the forest service campground overlooking the lake. Can't recall exactly when but it was probably July-Sept. sometime. I know we had very nice weather.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Conchasjim Send a message via Yahoo to Conchasjim
I've been to Taylor Park several times in mid August. Beautiful time of the year. Towed a Polaris RZR for the rally they put on T that time. There is a lot of free spots in the forest is your into boondocking. That's what most of us do.
Conchasjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:37 PM   #5

Ok thanks for all the input. I have been to Colorado tent camping several times as a kid and in HS but now living in Indiana it didn't even dawn on me till after my vacation was scheduled that there would be snow still up high. I guess my only concern was really how much riding is there available in early June. I'm sure it differs every year and can't predict weather but that's all I was worried about. Long trip for us. But if not much riding cause of snow we will just take in the view and come back later in the summer next time!
Old 05-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #6

And we are interested in boondocking in CO on way back home our only problem was not familiar with rules there on getting to and from trails. Here you can ride anywhere on county roads Everywhere I looked had to trailer your stuff too and don't really wanna pack up the TH and camp just to go ride for the day and come back to set it all up again. This is why I only found Colorado dream ranch Rv park they say you can ride from there. Don't know about boondocking and riding from camp. Maybe someone does...?

Tags
colorado