Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Do NOT stay here. I made reservations at least a week in advance. The owner said he didn't take credit cards, but that he would hold a spot for me that would be available a month. When I arrived, he said he didn't have a spot for a month . . . and kept asking me when I was going to leave! He said he had a waiting list - something I wasn't told about when I made the reservation! The space was next to his back yard . . . the power was a long way from the RV and the water was hooked up at his house. It wasn't even a real RV spot. I don't know if it was my Obama '08 sticker on my car (he had McCain Palin signs all over) or if he didn't like me or what, but he wanted me out of there from the day I got there. Who knows. But I will never go there again. I chose it because it was in a safe, residential neighborhood and I would have stayed, even in the spot I got stuck in, but he said he had some big wig coming in that had been sick and needed the space. Drove back by today - the space is still empty. Oh well . . .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #2

Where in Albuquerque is this park located? Sure don't know the name.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #3

Campbell Road off of Rio Grande.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:01 AM   #4

Tom(the owner) can be very particular, however, I have spent several years living in this park in the past, and found it to be a very nice park. close community. There is one across the street that I would not even ride through.
I found High Desert to also be a very nice park although out of town.
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:30 AM   #5

We have enjoyed staying at American RV Park at the top of the hill just west of Albuquerque off I-40. We usually only stay 1 or 2 nights as we are just passing through. Their monthly rate sounded reasonable when I last checked. Park is clean, well maintained, & the short termers have a little grassy lawn at each site with a small tree.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #6

Fulltimer, I agree that it's a nice place to stay - even though my spot was literally in the owner's backyard . . . . the point is he basically lied to me . . promised me a spot for a month then said he had a waiting list when I arrived. My RV is perfectly nice, I'm nice, my dogs are well behaved - he had no reason - other than my bumper sticker - to be that way.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Gracie---

Just think what he would have done to you if you had a "Jane Fonda" sticker on your bumper
Old 10-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #8

My vote is on the dogs.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by GraciesMom:
Fulltimer, I agree that it's a nice place to stay - even though my spot was literally in the owner's backyard . . . . the point is he basically lied to me . . promised me a spot for a month then said he had a waiting list when I arrived. My RV is perfectly nice, I'm nice, my dogs are well behaved - he had no reason - other than my bumper sticker - to be that way.
GraciesMom...now you are only second-guessing. (You are prejudging him as you claim to have been pre-judged)
I am with Fulltimer on this one...You just got a new dog that, granted...is probably better behaved than my dog - BUT if I remember correctly - is a Dobie. You know as well as I do that many people are terrified of the breed (after all- that is why you got that dog...to feel more at ease in your rig while traveling alone ).
You never know until you ask someone point blank what the problem is - so you shouldn't say it is because you are a Democrat until you have asked... (Who knows.. maybe he had been bitten by a dog that looked like yours - and that is the reason )

JMTCW...

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #10

I don't have the dobie yet - picking her up when I leave ABQ. All I have are two teeny little chihuahuas who are no problem to anyone. Whatever his reasons, it was rude and inconsiderate to have me drive all that way, following his incorrect directions and getting lost for an hour, just to tell me when I got there that there was now a waiting list and that someone was coming in to take my current spot . . . and if it was my dogs he could have said so. It was a really bad situation that there's just simply no excuse for. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 AM   #11

I can respect that.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #12

New Mexico is my home state. I apologize for your treatment. The beauty of what we do is that a turn of the keys and a foot on the pedal and you will be relocated to a different place. Do not let small minds bring you down. You have served your Country and are merely trying to be who or what you want. You have nothing to be ashamed of. I'll drive by his park just to see it. Phil
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Just moved from Rio Rancho, New Mexico to Tennessee. While living in Rio, we recommended and at times stayed at the Stagecoach RV Park on Hwy 528 near Bernalillo. It may be about 20 minutes from the heart of Albuquerque, but very friendly, clean and accessible. We plan on making yearly treks back to see friends and will be using that park. We do miss the Land of Enchantment, but love Tennessee also. By the way, the Obama sticker should not have made a difference, but like the other poster said, if you had a Jane Fonda, that is different story.
Thank you for your service to our country.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #14

GracieMom,

I went over to Arbor RV. Fulltimer is right as he is selective. We went down the street and there was another Park I would never stay in and we did drive thru it...never again tho. We got on the list to stay at Arbor. We talked with Tom, the owner, and he seemed pretty straight up. His park is near the trail I so enjoy running, bicycling and inline skating on. I found the Park to be clean, in good order and with wide spaces. I do not know what happened in your situation, and am sad it did, but I am willing to take a shot at it. I'll keep you posted as to how this works out.
Phil

motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote