Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #1

Arches Mohab, Utah

We will be in the Mohab, Utah area for Labor Day weekend. The reviews that I have read for Archview, Canyonland and Spanish Trail RV parks are not very positive. Does anyone have experience with any of the camp grounds in the Mohab area? We have a 39' class A with a tow. I prefer pull throughs and possibly some shade. Thank you.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #2

I only have experience with the ok corral rv park............it's a 6 out of 10 ,but short pull thrughs,,,,,,,,,,,you would have to unhook your toad..........thats a big weekend you might have to take what you can get or dry camp.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #3

we have stayed at ok corral with 40 footer plus toad and was able to pull through and park with out unhooking ,guess we got lucky. it is a nice park the only complaint i had was the dusty driveway leading into it.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try Portal. It depends on how much money you want to spend with them as far as how good the sites are, though.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #5

We have stayed at Spanish Trail three different times. We are heading there in August and will stay there again. One thing that we like is it is located on a hill south of Moab with a little breeze. Another thing is there is a Butte located just west and is close, this offers afternoon shade. Conveinant store across the hwy that you can walk to. It is not perfect but we like it. There is a couple on the north side but the truck traffic climbing the hills at night was a little loud so we moved.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I've stayed at Slick Rock Campground. It's on the north side of town. I stayed in August. It had some nice trees and big pull throughs.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #7

There are reviews on just about all of them here: RV Park Reviews :: Moab, Utah ( UT ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews
Old 05-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
We stayed at Slick Rock a few years ago. Plenty of shade - sometime too much if you have a sat. dish for TV.

FYI - No 'h' in Moab.
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #9

Slick Rock campground is pretty good. So is The Moab RV campground. Actually all the campgrounds in and around Moab are pretty good. My wife and I have been there several times. The next time we go, we plan to dry camp along the Colorado just outside Moab.
Bob Clough
Esperance, NY.
Gulf Stream 40' + Jeep Wrangler
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just left Portal RV Park. There is an older gravel section, and a newer paved section. The older section is about $10 a night less, and also has more shade. I think you would like either section.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #11

Official iRV2 Sponsor

We stayed at the KOA just south of Moab last month for a week and had a great site facing the hills. The pull-through was long enough for our MH and our toad.
docj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgc44a View Post
Slick Rock campground is pretty good. So is The Moab RV campground. Actually all the campgrounds in and around Moab are pretty good. My wife and I have been there several times. The next time we go, we plan to dry camp along the Colorado just outside Moab.
Bob Clough
Esperance, NY.
Gulf Stream 40' + Jeep Wrangler
That's my plan next time I go too.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Have camped at Spanish Trails and was pleased. Very good location. If we are in the area we will stay there again
vettehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #14

I'm a fairly regular visitor to Moab. I think the park that may fit your needs best is Riverside Oasis. It sits right on the Colorado river. There are quite a few trees. It is on the North end of Moab with easy access to Arches NP.

Many RV parks are South of Moab and are well oriented for the off-roading crowd.

Slickrock is also on the North side and it has plenty of shade. The owners just have not kept it up. 30A only. Bathrooms are not pleasant. Hot tubs and pool--I don't trust them. I would especially avoid Slickrock during the big holiday weekends. I've stayed there for 3 Memorial Days and it's way overcrowded. Owners oversell (tent crowd) to maximize revenue.