Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
Appalachian Campers
Asheville, NC Suggestions?

I would like to let everyone know that I just love all of the blogs and great information that everyone posts. Facebook is a pasttime for me thanks to IRV2. Steve and I are headed out in a few weeks to Ashville, NC and would love to know if anyone has any suggestions on what to see while we are there.

Bigthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Welcome to IRV2 forums. You have come to the right place for info and some good people. I would definately visit the Biltmore. We went and toured the Greystone Manor( I think that was the name) They had a picture history of the building of the hotel and a few shops. The Cheroke reservation and Maggie Valley are not too far from Ashville. It really depends on what you like to do. Enjoy your trip.

Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and our cat BooBoo.
2004 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer
bsirby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers

THe Biltmore Estate and gardens. The biltmore village of shops and there is the NC Arboretum nearby.

2014 Winnebago Adventurer 35P,Ford F-53, V-10
2011 Ford Escape,2000 Roadmaster Tow Dolly
"Have a Great Day, Enjoy RVing."
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Biltmore Estate for sure. Take a side trip down 26 to Hendersonville. Walk the street downtown and see the shops. Don't miss the Fresh Market on the south end of town. If you have time, take a trip over to Black Mountain. While there be sure and stop in My Father's Pizza for lunch. That alone will make the trip worthwhile. If time allows, take a drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway to see the sight. For another scenic drive, take US 65 west out of Hendersonville over to Lake Toxaway, Cashiers, Highlands into Franklin. Then take 441 north to Cherokee. US 19 east will take you through Maggie Valley and to I-40 back to Asheville. Lots to do in Asheville and surrounding area.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Then about two hours north is Blowing Rock.
'10 Forest River Sierra 300RL 5th & 12 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - SK3 70-72 Go Navy!
Georgie-boxer mix, Skippy-Jack russell and Ollie.
Glassalley52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:48 AM   #6
Appalachian Campers
Originally Posted by Glassalley52
Then about two hours north is Blowing Rock.
Thank you so much for all the suggestions. I will take you up on them.
Steve, Kim and Theo.
Bigthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
I just got back from Asheville last week. My SO's lifelong ambition was to putz around downtown Asheville. Well I won't have to hear about that anymore. Anyway (remember I'm Scots/irish) we heard that the Biltmore event is $40 per head and that the colorful tour trolley in Asheville is $20 per head. I agree with everyone else about Cherokee and Hendersonville but would add that the area is a concentration of waterfalls (Transylvania county) and quaint little towns (Brevard with it's unique white squirells). What I liked best was camping on the French Broad River. And the choices from a lot of campgrounds. Have fun.
bsvirginian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #8
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Guys, Go to Chimney Rock ,they have an elevator in the mountain .that takes you up near the top and a look out towards Lake Lure
Pretty cool...

May the wind be at your back,The sun in your face
And your love by your side!!
USMC 68/74 RVN 69/70. Semper-Fi!
She and I is offline   Reply With Quote