Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2014, 08:45 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We have stayed there - yes much closer and yes- get the vibe of Austin (keep Austin Weird). IMO it is more of a trailer park than a RV park. Big rigs or 5th wheels may find it challenging getting in and out. Low tree limbs, too. No cement - all dirt. Wiring in our location was very loose and the box was dangling. But- one persons stone is another's diamond.
The OP has a 40' DP..............THANKS for that info.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #16

Austin Lone Star RV Resort or Austin Oak Forest RV Park??

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
The OP has a 40' DP..............THANKS for that info.

We have a 39', no problem getting in or out. There were several larger coaches and fifth wheels there, just tell them when you make the reservation and they will put in an appropriate site. Also the roads in the park are asphalt not dirt, the hookups are old but nobody seemed to have any problems during our two week stay.

It's all about location, location, location and if you want to be near downtown and all of the really cool parks this is the place. Your don't even need a car if you stay there, a bike will take you everywhere you need to go.

StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post
We have a 39', no problem getting in or out. There were several larger coaches and fifth wheels there, just tell them when you make the reservation and they will put in an appropriate site. Also the roads in the park are asphalt not dirt, the hookups are old but nobody seemed to have any problems during our two week stay.

It's all about location, location, location and if you want to be near downtown and all of the really cool parks this is the place. Your don't even need a car if you stay there, a bike will take you everywhere you need to go.

You are a much better driver than I!!! They put us in the back and I had a hard time in a 25 ft MH last year. A 5th wheel came in after us and tried to get in the site they gave him, and he gave up after awhile and left. There were some big rigs, but again, I felt it was tight. Also, where they put us - the tree limbs beat the day lights out of our roof. Again, my opinion only
Old 05-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #18

We have stayed at Oak Forrest several times going to the ROT rally the first week of
June. Have never had a problem, the sites are long and level cement. All hookups
are maintained and in good condition. The people working the office are very friendly and helpful. Our last toy hauler was 40' and never had a problem getting in or out.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryanJane View Post
We have stayed at Oak Forrest several times going to the ROT rally the first week of
June. Have never had a problem, the sites are long and level cement. All hookups
are maintained and in good condition. The people working the office are very friendly and helpful. Our last toy hauler was 40' and never had a problem getting in or out.
I was referring to Pecan Grove, not Oak Forest as being tight. I haven't stayed at Oak Forest, but plan on it the next time we go to Austin.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I was referring to Pecan Grove, not Oak Forest as being tight. I haven't stayed at Oak Forest, but plan on it the next time we go to Austin.
I am SURE you will not be dis-appointed in the conditions at Oak Forest. And you can trust me.....30 years on the west bank.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Pecan Park RV Park Reviews 4.5 stars. Pretty amazing considering it is practically in downtown and in an area that personifies Austin. Walking distance to many Austin favorites like Chuy's Tex Mex, Shady Grove, Uchi, Hut's Hamburgers. Heck, I may make reservations there next time I go to a Austin City Limits, or for New Years Eve. I could have used it for the Rolling Stones a few years ago, when we had to park at a shopping mall several miles away. There was another RV Park next to it until 4-5 years ago, but it yielded to some expensive condo's.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Scotty--maybe we'll try that one next time!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:55 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Spent a week at Pecan Grove in March in our 35' motorhome. Saw a couple of 40' Class A motorhomes there too. Yeah, there are fulltimers there (who could turn down $350/month rent this close to downtown?), there are low branches & wires, it is old & funky, there are some tight turns, but......... location, location, location. Manager Bob knows how to navigate rigs through the park. He is VERY experienced at lifting wires & branches out of the way. His word is golden too. All the residents we met there were nice. Walk/bike to many good restaurants, Zilker Park, downtown, Congress Street Bridge, Texas State Capitol, LBJ Library, etc. Austin has a great bus system with many stops near Pecan Grove. Gotta love a place such as Pecan Grove that does not have a website and only accepts cash or personal checks for payment! If you need manicured grounds and spotless modern restrooms, Pecan Grove is not for you. If on the other hand you want to stay in a park with a down to earth atmosphere that is unbelievably convenient to Austin's amenities, give Bob a call to see if he can fit you in at Pecan Grove. We definitely will when we go back to Austin again.