Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #15
I've learned not to trust the advertisements or pamplets you find at rest stops. The funiest distortion of the truth came in the northeast when a campground claimed free wifi available only to find they ment it was available at the Panera Bread Company across the street. Most places charge extra for electricity not water so that would have surprised me as well but still 34 bucks for a one night stay is not terrible. Always consult the camground reviews before staying at an unknown site.

Denis, Ruth and Gracie
the K-9 Dashboard Ornament
2007 Newmar Baystar 3202
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
I can under stand the OP's feelings.
I have been to several RV parks that tell you one thing to get you in their park and
on arrival you find something else. I just drive away.

1999 Trade Winds 7371 Cat 3126B w/current upgrades
1990 D 250 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo
Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post

Found this offering "value accomodations" and explaining many (if not all) of the "accomodations.

Quality Inn & RV Park
  • Located in the the heart of Tuba City, Quality Inn & RV Park offers value accommodation in its hotel with amenities such as high-speed Internet access and free hot breakfast as well as RV accommodation in its 25-space park. The RV park offers guests sewer and electric hookups as well as water hookup for a small charge. A host building features clean restrooms with showers and laundry facilities.
    Quality Inn & RV Park
    10 North Main St.
    Tuba City, AZ 86045

Speaks for itself.
The way the above is worded I would have expected water as an extra charge.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Folks, the OP is relating what he was told when making the reservation vs the actuality upon arriving. We've all been in the position of being told one thing & finding out differently later. Offer opinions but leave out the personal shots. That's against our Community Rules.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #19
I believe that the breakfast is for the HOTEL.

What really got me cranked was the attitude of the staff.

It may actually be a "deposit" but WAS NOT STATED as a deposit. Only as a charge. If it was stated as a deposit I would have no complaints.

I am currently watching Dish in my rig. Would have like to see some 'local' news.

This is not an old park. It has cable hookups, but no signal.

Maybe next time you are not treaated well you should appologize for inconvenienceing them. As for the price, this is NOT the Northeast and the location is known for the numerous underground springs so availability of water is not and issue. (Google it)
Old 10-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #20
I have to agree that both sides are right. I'm glad to know this place is sleazy. On the other hand, some of the most interesting experiences I've had were with sleazy people or organizations.

Caveat emptor, and they win only if they get you down.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #21
Newmar Owners Club
Come on guys, be a little more understanding, and at least kind in your responses... !
Ron... WB7DJV
2000 38' Dutch Star | 2006 Grand Cherokee | SilverLeaf VmsPc Engine Monitor | TST TPMS
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Al...I think we have all gotten irritated by not getting the full info, or finding out late that it isn't as advertised.

You just spent 3 days at the Canyon, you've got more in front of you...got to be positive

I've still got another 75 11-12 hours days of stress filled days to go before I will find myself in your shoes...so look at the bright side of where you're at and where you're going, AND MOST Importantly, where you are not. Tomorrow will be a beautiful sunrise out west
Dave and Beth
2015 Cornerstone 45J
Ford F-150 and 2016 Polaris Razor
Old 10-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #23
Monaco Owners Club
Wheels up in the morning...it happens. Still beats heading in for 8-5...or more. You are going to love the North Rim even with this little bump in the road.
Happy Trails
06 Dynasty Countess III
07 Hummer H3///05 Suzi Thumper
Old 10-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #24
Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Attitude adjustment....Really?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #25
When I'm dissappointed in a park, I get satisfaction by providing an honest review on RV Park Review web site, and I do the same if I've enjoyed my stay.

If your sewer connection was too far away, now you know you need to carry an extension. It happen to me once that my 15 ft was not long enough. I've purchased a second 10 ft sewer, I've yet to use it, but I have it the next time the sewer connection is too far away.

Try not to sweat the little things, Happy Trails!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #26
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm fond of places like Tuba City. I'm sure I have stayed in worse (not implying that Tuba City is bad).

I learned a few years into my RV experience that the "experience" was varied and interesting and more so if I became more interested in the people I met in the parks I stayed. Some are jerks but give me just the right day and I can be as well.

Five bucks is five bucks and a promise is a promise and it is difficult to know ever if you are hearing everything about anything.

I wonder about the clerk? How did that person wind up in Tuba City working in an RV park? KIds, family, where do they go to school? How would they react to a rather big smile and a howdy? A comment about the weather, oh and why do you charge for water, I must have misunderstood?

I know my attitude in the past has conjured up one from the person I was dealing with and it was my fault it was my serve.

I cured myself, mostly. Not worth it, life is good, better if I am better at what I do. I now look forward to meeting the next person down the road at the next park, asking instead of telling, listening instead of talking, and accepting that the more riled I get at little things (yes I know it's the principle, but it's also five bucks) the less I get in return. On the other hand a nice smile, a converstaion and genuine interest in the plight of the person I am dealing with has had me moved to the front of the line a few times.

Happened last year on a late arrival in Yuma. A rather cantankerous greeting turned into a nice chat a walk back to a special place so I did not have to back in and instructions where I could get an early morning coffee before the office opened. Even walked back and helped me get parked. Scruffy place, nice visit, nice folks there, but they have their days. Interesting as I recall it was $34.00.

I'll happily go to Tuba City, Quality Inn I'm sure if I'm ever there but thanks for the warning. Now I know what to expect or is it?

You have my permission to include this in your e-mail to the head guy there in Tuba City.
I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #27
Al Fisher, I appreciate your post.....................You were only trying to give a heads up to the rest of us to read the fine print. Thank you for trying to do the right thing in looking out for your fellow campers. I have read posts and taken the wrong context and reread it and have admitted I was wrong. I think this is what may have happened here. This is the way I will interpret your post, even if I might be mistaken. Welcome to the forum by the way.
American Tradition 42R-Cadillac SRX Blue Ox Koni 5050XL MCD Scangauge D Samsung rf197
Fulltime since 2012
Old 10-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #28

30 bucks in todays world is not too serious. Don't think I would expect a lot AND, that's why we got wheels. Not like you are booked in for a month,

Dennis & Carol
2003, 4006, 41' DutchStar, Spartan, ISC 8.3L W/BanksPower - 2013 Honda CRV, BlueOx Baseplate, Aventa Bar & Patriot Brake. And the 04 Bird, Sunshine Car.
Closed Thread