Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #1

Unhappy Avoid this rv park

Just spent 3 fantastic days at the Grand Canyon South Rim. Heading to the Noth Rim For 3 nights. Wanted a little rest so found an RV park about half way and called several weeks in advance for a reservation. Was quoted $29.50 for a site with FULL HOOKUP. Arrived and that was the price, BUT if I wanted WATER it was an additional $5.

Parked. and got settled. Hooked up to the CATV jack and NOTHING. Asked in the office and was told "There is no cable in the RV Park."

Additionally, the hookup was at the extreme rear and I would need 25' of sewer hose or park with the rear of rig on the street. Power was at full 25' extension. KEY needed ($5 extra) for the water.

Told the clerk That I would send managment a link to the internet post regarding this. Here reply was curt and somewhat snotty. Said "OK!"

Location. Tuba City Arizona. Quality Inn Navajo Nation. Pass this on up and go elsewhere.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So, besides a minor irritation, what's the problem?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #3

What would you expect a clerk that good qualify for a position at that CG to reply? Can't wait to read about the overnight experience. Hope this is the worst of your trip and hopeful that you can tell about this part of your trip as a joke.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For 34 bucks you would be lucky to get a tent site in a private campground here in the Northeast.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
All the more reason to be South of 30 degrees north this time next year
Old 10-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
For 34 bucks you would be lucky to get a tent site in a private campground here in the Northeast.
I'm nearing the end of my first visit to the NE and can attest to this!

I've also had to become quite an expert on managing power on 30 amps and without sewer hook ups.

But, spending a month here during the color change has been more than worth it.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 10-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #7

I think the point that the original poster is making is that he was quoted a price for "full hook ups" which most people would consider to include Water and perhaps TV. Then when he arrived there, he not only found a clueless little "twit" who has no idea what customer service is.... he had to pay $5 more than he was quoted just to have water.

I don't care for this kind of service (I call it bait and switch) and would probably have done the same thing along with a certified letter directed to the manager there. (certified to make his backside wink a bit and to make sure he gets it)
Old 10-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Found this offering "value accomodations" and explaining many (if not all) of the "accomodations.

Quality Inn & RV Park
  • Located in the the heart of Tuba City, Quality Inn & RV Park offers value accommodation in its hotel with amenities such as high-speed Internet access and free hot breakfast as well as RV accommodation in its 25-space park. The RV park offers guests sewer and electric hookups as well as water hookup for a small charge. A host building features clean restrooms with showers and laundry facilities.
    Quality Inn & RV Park
    10 North Main St.
    Tuba City, AZ 86045
    928-283-4545
    qualityinn.com

Speaks for itself.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #9

EXACTLY. It's poor customer service and totally unacceptable.

I have allready escalated it to corporate management. Spent 15 minutes ON HOLD for Customer Relations. Not very good.

I have printed the post on the IRV2 forum and a copy of the complaint to corporate and will place it in the hands of the hotel manager in the morning.

NOW they are saying that it's only a KEY DEPOSIT not a charge. Not what I was told. They have a problem that needs to be addressed.

Did you ever see an RV park with a KEY for the faucet?

I have stayed in hundreds of parks and never had a problem like this.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
All of us at one time or another have run into a park that isn't exactly as advertised or has some "minor" problems. I think your wound up a little too tight!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #11

Well the ad njs42 found does not say TV and does say a charge for water. Bet that breakfast is the icing on the cake
Old 10-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #12

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
All of us at one time or another have run into a park that isn't exactly as advertised or has some "minor" problems. I think your wound up a little too tight!
Exactly.
Filing a complaint with corporate is carrying it way too far. The OP didn't do due diligance in finding out what was/wasn't included in the price. No one to blame but yourself in that case.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
That makes a good reason I always carry enough water in my Fresh water tank to last me around 3 days. And a Dish on the roof for DirecTV. It has been years since I last used a campground cable hook up.
Quote:
NOW they are saying that it's only a KEY DEPOSIT not a charge.
So they will give your your $5 key deposit back when you check out in the morning?
Same as some campgrounds that take a $5 deposit for a rest room key.
I stayed at a campground/motel combination in IL that had a lock on the water at site.
Same deal a deposit for the key.

IMHO You are way over stressed over $5. I bet they also have quarter slots for hot water in the showers?

You didn't even check RV Park Reviews
It had all info you would have needed. NO TV Or WiFi for two of them.
Only campground in the area.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
KIX

Tuba city is a VERY small town in the desert East of Grand Canyon Village. It's a remote area of Arizona. Actually on the way to Tuba City from the Grand Canyon Village you passed a decent CG at the trading post in Cameron. It's not too much to look at but they have water, sewer and electric. Places like Tuba City and Cameron are providing you a place to park legally and not park illegally on tribal lands. Water is scarce in the desert so they don't leave it available for anyone to come in and use it. The other complaint regarding utilities location vs where you park. Those remote CGs were mostly built some time ago and not built as a resort or for large motorhomes. They were built for trailers.
It sounds like you need an attitude adjustment......you should adapt to where you are as the natives are NOT going to adapt to you. I agree with Stillwater.......you're wound up a little too tight. Adapt and you'll enjoy more.

Closed Thread