Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
Newmar Owners Club
Bad Experience @ Cole's Creek

If you are looking for desolate go to Cole's Creek. It is way too far off the beaten path and the nearest store is like 15 miles away so take a cooler if you need to bring back frozen items. The people at the gate were a little less than helpful/nice and then they placed us in a site with no water/sewer hookups when there were many and I do mean, many sites available. We were in our Class A so we made it ok. The worst part were the restrooms and bath-house. The restroom facilities were very nice and modern, but they provided no hand towels or hand dryers only toilet paper to dry your hand. And it wasn't as if they were out - there was nothing, but a sink and mirror on the wall. The bath-house was a nightmare according to my wife. Stalls to shower, but no doors or curtains - a lot like the open men's locker room with zero privacy. There was no place, but the floor to set shower items i.e. soap and shampoo. It was also located next to the lake where people were bringing in their children to shower off as well. Just not the environment for small children. Not a good experience.

2004 Newmar DSDP 4025
Blue ox , Air force 1, 2016 GMC Acadia
Angler3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
What part of the country is Coles creek as there may be more than yours :-)

If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
What type of a site did you pay for? Every place we've ever stayed there's a difference in price between the no hookups, water & electric, and full hookup. If you paid for full a hookup I would definately ask the manager to move to a full hookup site or get a refund.

As far as being off the beaten path, that's something many people aspire to. No noise of interstate traffic. Just peace and solitude. It's nice to take a hike in the woods and be able to hear the birds singing and not smell the exhaust fumes and listen to the noise of passing trucks.

It does sound like the showers need a bit of updating. They remind me of the shower rooms in the state and national parks during the 1960's.
2013 Adventurer 32H
Hikerdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
I just don't understand why someone in a Class A uses the bathrooms in the campground.
I can take a very loooong hot shower in my class A and not run out of hot water plus I know who has used the shower and toilet.

Just curious

2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ 330 Cummins
S/N 1RF42464342027368
Mtn.Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Never got that myself, why walk to someone elses shower when you have a nice one next to all your stuff?? Duh!
2016 Entegra Cornerstone
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #6
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Originally Posted by Lault View Post
Never got that myself, why walk to someone elses shower when you have a nice one next to all your stuff?? Duh!
I would use the CG showers if I had no water/sewer hookups.
Steve, Mary & Buddy our 2-year-old Chihuahua mix
1995 36' HR Endeavor, 460 w/Banks, 2005 PT Cruiser
Fulltimers originally from Michigan, hanging out in Oregon for a spell.
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #7
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
You entered this at Reviews of RV Parks and Campgrounds - RV Park Reviews ???? This is the site most use to check for campgrounds.
PS - Google Coles Creek and find at least four RV parks with that name in four different states!
Hal & Ginny Miller '04 Beaver Santiam PRT40
'04 Saturn Vue - US Gear Brake - Blue Ox tow
4 "girls" (3 Irish Setters - Retriever)
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #8

I have not seen the inside of a CG restroom since I went from a tent to an RV.
And while tenting, back when, "facilities" meant a water faucet and an outhouse.

Even without any hookups, there is water and sewer to be had every week.
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by RedWing Nut View Post
I would use the CG showers if I had no water/sewer hookups.
Me too!

Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote