Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2016, 07:09 PM   #1

bad experience with golf cart rental.

well,

saved a lot of money for a long time and waited for the vacation time and finally got the TT and family and especially my little first grandchild who is only 2 and loves minnie mouse and went to Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Resort. Everything was as expected until my golf cart rental became a complete bust!

now before I release the name of the company I am giving them one last chance to do right and honor the statement the owner said to me, "i will refund all your money"

having said that heres the scoop,

rented a golf cart from ..................... and after getting back to the fort realized the steering was way off! yet drivable so ai called and left a message on the number I was given to call if I had any issues. Didn't use the cart much that night as we had dinner plans that required the truck to get too. Left the cart plugged in all night and my Daughter used it the next morning to go from my campsite to the marina to drop off my son and grandaughter who were going to magic kingdom. well, as she got back to the loop the cart died! we pushed it back to the campsite and plugged it in. this stayed plugged in all day and when I tried to check the charger it nearly burnt my hand! I called and left a message as every call to the number provided goes to voicemail and explained the battery was faulty. no call back. third day, no call back. after several calls I gave up as this was interfering with my vacation. I even tried again towards the end of the vacation to use the cart as it was plugged in for a couple of days without being touched and the cart got me from my campsite to the pool then on the way back the headlight died and the mouse cops stopped me to tell me how unsafe this was.

its been about 4 days waiting for word about the reimbursement and I called again today no answer.

If its not resolved by Monday I will post the name of the company on ALL the sites he advertises on and contact the BBB.

the clock is ticking.........
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2016, 07:33 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
There's always a bad apple in the cart. Sorry to hear about your problem. Hopefully he will refund your money, but that doesn't mean it didn't make a mess of your vacation.

Keep us posted.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:36 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rental charged to a credit card? File a dispute and get them involved if need be.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Rental charged to a credit card? File a dispute and get them involved if need be.
X2 and do it sooner than later. And check the CC rules for disputing a charge and follow them. Might require a written complaint.
Squantobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:44 PM   #5

Why didn't you just drive your truck back to the cart rental place and speak to them in person. The phone just doesn't get it done in my opinion, especially as you had no success with the first few calls. Nothing is better than a face to face discussion for a good resolution.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:54 PM   #6

I was on vacation and had used too much time dealing with it already. The service provider should understand I am on vacation and have limited time to enjoy my family. I should never in this situation have to waste MY time tracking them down to resolve the issue, I had left a number of messages on the owners cell phone which should be quite enough on my part. I will keep those interested posted. Unfortunately this was on a debit card so they will have to return the money.
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:31 PM   #7

Are you still there? Go and talk to them in person. Evidently, your phone calls are not getting to them.

I doubt they monitor a RV site like this so they're not going to see this.

Hope you get this resolved and it's best to use a credit card rather than a debit - easy to get a refund.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote