Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2015, 03:50 PM   #1

Ballon Festival

I will be attending the Balloon Festival in Albuquerque, NM this year for the first time, I need some info. I will be towing a flat trailer with my motorcycle on it,
is there an issue with parking at the festival campgrounds. I could not find any info on this subject.

Thanks in advance,

purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2015, 04:02 PM   #2

Here is the Balloon Fiesta site for camping options:

The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta - RV Information

We were there 10 days last year and parked in the dry camping spots with a specific group. In our area there would have been plenty of room to park your trailer.

At the dry spots there was a shuttle that came around continuously throughout the day starting at 5am to after the night festivities ended. It took you to the liftoff grounds in 10 minutes time so we didn't have to walk to get there.

I would highly advise that you use some kind of festival camping as the congestion for driving in from the outside area was horrible. They also close some roads down at times for the traffic so it's just so convenient to stay on the festival grounds.

We signed up to help crew which was a great experience and we got a free, very long ride for doing so. It was awesome!

If you have specific questions just call the fiesta office.

For those of you planning to go next year, they'll be taking RV reservations starting around Oct 20 or so. Plan early!!

Note that the outside area RV parks up their prices during the Fiesta - parks all the way up to Santa Fe. It's a VERY popular event.

twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:07 PM   #3

Twogypsies thanks for getting back to me.I,am sorry for not giving better details.We are dry docking onsite,and my question was entering.Do I have to
disconnect my trailer before arriving to my parking spot?I have read about
leaving the toad at the entrance,and getting it after you park.If I have to disconnect,I will bring the toad instead of the motorcycle.

Thanks
Barry
Old 08-31-2015, 06:04 PM   #4

We didn't have to disconnect our toad to drive to our spot. Again, you might give the office a call. I don't know what area you'll be but it's all very open with wide driving lanes big enough for two passing RVs.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:01 PM   #5

I made the call and got the info I needed.
Thank You