Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #1

Baltimore

Anyone know a place within 30mins of here to camp out for a couple days without spending a fortune? And if there's a low cost place to spend a couple weeks if needed?

Right now my sister is in Johns Hopkins hospital and my aunt and mom are forced to spend $120+ per night to cover parking (at the hotel AND hospital) and the room just to stay there while she's in the ICU,..... my brother passed away in 2005 from leukemia and my mom spent every day for close to a year in the hospital with him here in Delaware....... Unfortunately the rooms at this hospital are very small, theres strict visiting hours and she needs a place to stay as close as possible, because with the condition my sister is in, and being over an hour away from home, I don't see my mom leaving till she's either doing a LOT better, or gets discharged. She was in Christiana Hospital for the last month and was just moved to Johns Hopkins to be there where they specialize in her condition (Lupus).

I have a brand new 40' 5er that's sitting in a storage lot near my house that I haven't used near as much as I want to,..... Would love to figure out if there's a place to park it?
Matusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #2

Cherry Hill is about 30 miles from Johns Hopkins. One option.

Another is check with the hospital. When our granddaughter was born in Phoenix, we brought the motorhome to stay in. I checked with security and they allowed us to stay in their parking lot for a couple of nights. They even helped me plug in (just 20 amp, but enough to keep the batteries charged. I read an article once that hospitals are becoming rv friendly for patients' families. Worth a try.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #3

I wish,..... Unfortunately parking at the hospital since it's in the city is in a garage and there's nothing but on street parking over a block away just to fit my truck :-/

Cherry Hill?
Old 08-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #4

Cherry Hill RV park is north side of Washington DC
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #5

There is a KOA in millersville,md.From there Johns Hopkins is about 20-25 minutes away.
05kstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #6

check out rambling pines in woodbine md. its about 19 miles west of the city. i belive patapsco state park might have some hook ups too.
salopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #7

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Here's a link to Maryland Department of Natural Resources - Maryland Park Service, Patapsco Valley State Park. It's right on US-40 about 12 miles west from Johns Hopkins (which also borders US-40). The campground is located in an area of the park called Hollofield.

According to the MD State Parks website, some sites have electric. There is a dump station at the campground.

There are a number of shopping areas on along US-40 once you get out of Baltimore where you can buy groceries, supplies and dine.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #8

Thank you all for the help,.... Still havent made a decision on what to do..... Taking it day by day, hopefully we'll figure out one of these places to take the RV to for this week.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:08 AM   #9

You might want to check out Ramblin Pines in Woodbine, just west of Baltimore and Morris Medows just north of town. Both should have extended stay rates if you ask. Also ask about their pet rules if you have a pet staying with you.