Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #15

Wow! The rates start at $52 up to $76!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #16

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHg View Post
John Boy....the 10/10/10 was not my rating, but the rating Rayford Village earned through Good Sam. They are consistently rated one of the highest parks on every RV Rating website out there. As far as what I'm accustomed too.....you do not have a clue. Read some of my previous posts. I much prefer exclusive Class A only resorts.....you won't catch me in COE parks or State or National Parks. I prefer that my down time be spent away from the trailer trash that stays in those parks in their travel trailers and 5th wheels being pulled by a mosquito killing Dodge diesel. I have no problem paying $200 a night for a nice private park. (Mod edit)
You don't think your going to get away with that remark grouping everybody that doesn't stay in a Class A review resort as trailer trash do you? [ moderator edit ]
I think you owe a lot a people an apology and retract that statement or you are just showing that snobby attitude that many people attribute to anyone that stays in a Class A resort. I have a Class A and could stay in resorts but prefer COE and State parks because of the settings and more natural like experience rather than parking lot resorts. I can also assure that neither my wife nor I are "trailer trash". I could say more but will stop there.

Old 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacamp View Post
You don't think your going to get away with that remark grouping everybody that doesn't stay in a Class A review resort as trailer trash do you? [ moderator edit ]
I think you owe a lot a people an apology and retract that statement or you are just showing that snobby attitude that many people attribute to anyone that stays in a Class A resort. I have a Class A and could stay in resorts but prefer COE and State parks because of the settings and more natural like experience rather than parking lot resorts. I can also assure that neither my wife nor I are "trailer trash". I could say more but will stop there.
No kidding. I'll stay anywhere people who think like that don't.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
What Steve said.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #19

x2 what Steve said.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
I hope you all cancel any reservations you may have.. It's tough to get a spot especially on holidays.. ha ha.. We love Rayford and their staff..

Ok... with that out of the way and on a more serious note.

I agree with the OP on being upset if my rig was damaged. I haven't had to deal with this but who is ultimately responsible ?? I would think it's the lawn service and they have insurance for instances like this. I would file a claim with my insurance and provide them with the name of the lawn service and let them come to a resolution. Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think it's the campgrounds fault.. Or am I being naïve ????
Never said it was the campgrounds fault. But it was their service and if they are going to stand behind their services, a good review has to note the issue. My BIGGEST complaint is that I made the reservation in early 2015 and now less than 2 months before I am to arrive, they cancel the reservation. The review was in March 2015.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:44 PM   #21

This is another interesting thread. As I read through, a question comes to mind,
"If this park was so bad as to give them a bad review, why on earth would you want to go back?"
Old 09-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacamp View Post
Great response gacamp.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
John Boy....the 10/10/10 was not my rating, but the rating Rayford Village earned through Good Sam. They are consistently rated one of the highest parks on every RV Rating website out there. As far as what I'm accustomed too.....you do not have a clue. Read some of my previous posts. I much prefer exclusive Class A only resorts.....you won't catch me in COE parks or State or National Parks. I prefer that my down time be spent away from the trailer trash that stays in those parks in their travel trailers and 5th wheels being pulled by a mosquito killing Dodge diesel. I have no problem paying $200 a night for a nice private park.
Are you being sarcastic? I can't believe this is true! If it is, I would like to know more details about your definition of "trailer trash". Is it lack of education? I have two masters degrees, major universities. Is it lack of a professional white color profession? I have had responsibility for projects with value in the hundreds of millions and a hundred staff. Is it lack of conspicuous consumption? Remember, you can only tell how much money a person spends, not what wealth they have. Your "trailer trash" may have much more money than you do but they don't need to flaunt it. Is it that "trailer trash" prefer nature to manicured surroundings? If so, you really do need to get out more.

Sincerely,
"Trailer trash" because I have a travel trailer and a Dodge diesel.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #24

come on people , calm down its not like your really going to change him besides his manservant will give him a drink and he will fall asleep
Old 09-03-2015, 08:01 PM   #25

It's google earth, but could be a drone view
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1441328447.740793.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	105732

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 09-03-2015, 08:12 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
John Boy....the 10/10/10 was not my rating, but the rating Rayford Village earned through Good Sam. They are consistently rated one of the highest parks on every RV Rating website out there. As far as what I'm accustomed too.....you do not have a clue. Read some of my previous posts. I much prefer exclusive Class A only resorts.....you won't catch me in COE parks or State or National Parks. I prefer that my down time be spent away from the trailer trash that stays in those parks in their travel trailers and 5th wheels being pulled by a mosquito killing Dodge diesel. I have no problem paying $200 a night for a nice private park.
"Trailer Trash" You are Hilarious.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
This is another interesting thread. As I read through, a question comes to mind,
"If this park was so bad as to give them a bad review, why on earth would you want to go back?"
Our review noted the issues but still gave it a 3.5 out of 5. Facility is excellent, convenient and has 3 years worth of friends.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPERRELLA View Post
Our review noted the issues but still gave it a 3.5 out of 5. Facility is excellent, convenient and has 3 years worth of friends.
Well, as Bambi's Mom used to say "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
Maybe in your review you should have thrown in a few Pros and Bouquets.

Closed Thread

Tags
ford