Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:48 AM   #29
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
jeeze gdawgs... we got it

I think he's determined to close another thread even though he hasn't really added anything to this one.......lol.

1998 Tioga Class C
400 amp/hrs solar, Trimetric
Retire 2020 GLW
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2016, 10:00 AM   #30
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
jeeze gdawgs... we got it

the point IS that he gave us some good information that if we went out to lunch we should think about bringing back supper so can eat supper while we wait in line if we are unfamiliar with the area...
DFW area...nice . I lived close to the Trophy Club area in Keller for a while in the 80's during the "sesquentential" celebration. Last Cherry Creek post.

2013 HR 43DFT RR10R
All Electric FWS-Tag
FMCA 451687 Monaco Int.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:03 PM   #31
Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
Sent you a PM
I would love the info too. Buying a camper at Lazydays and while we are out there, I have to fly out for 2 nights. I need a good (safe and not creepy) place in the area for my wife and kids to spend a couple days.
trs80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:14 AM   #32
Fleetwood Owners Club
This September, we are going to Cherry Creek for the 3rd. consecutive year. What TexasTom and Bumps have described is in my opinion exactly how it is. The road from the East (Parker to the entry booth) is quite long so you could have a long wait. Our son lives in Denver and he has stated that when its full, it's full and you wait until someone leaves. There is a sign on the booth pretty much telling you the same thing. We have been going in September and October, arriving around noon on Friday for check in so we have not a had a problem. During the dead of the summer I'm sure it is different. I've never left during the weekend daytime hours so I've never had a problem, but then I don't want to have one either. People are actually lined up at noon to register at the information/registration center. Without a doubt it is very attractive recreational area. We got reservations in March, which was the earliest we could get for this September, and we did not get were we wanted. Cherry Creek is a really nice peaceful, pleasant place to camp. Here a couple of pics I've taken.
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2760.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	137546

Name:	100_2763.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	137547

Name:	100_2807.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	423.4 KB
ID:	137548
Those are pelicans (yes) in the center picture.
Ken in Nebraska
98 Fleetwood Pace Arrow, 35U
97 Ford F53 chassis
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:53 AM   #33
Thanks for sharing your experience!

But Gdawgs got in over 100 times with no problem.......... ( so he says )
1998 Tioga Class C
400 amp/hrs solar, Trimetric
Retire 2020 GLW
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:52 AM   #34
I think that there is a disconnect in what's happening and what's being discussed; 2 different things that unfortunately overlap. First is that once the park reaches capacity, no more are allowed in till someone leaves. That's understandable and is likely very common.

Second is that if you have an RV site already and leave (for dinner or whatever) and then return, you CAN re-enter even if the park is full...your "body" is already part of the capacity count, AND I don't believe that they can legally deny you access to your property (RV) on that site. You have already rented the site, paid for the site, occupied the site.

However, there could be the problem of actually "getting to" the gate in order to re-enter. If it is one-lane with no (or narrow) shoulders, and those waiting to get in simply sit in line, then you would indeed have to wait for all of the "new" entries in front of you before you could re-enter. In which case, Gdawgs makes some good points about different entrances that may be easier to "get by" those waiting in line for capacity.

4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote