Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2019, 10:22 PM   #15

https://youtu.be/2JuLmk8J1Hg

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.3894...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Video shows the "how to" including getting a permit, Google Maps shows the location.

Charles
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2019, 10:33 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Rolling Spring Breaks are common down here. Mid-March through mid-April and sometimes beyond. The Texas coast can be full up throughout this time. Not just colleges, but high schools, too.

Just be aware.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
As mentioned, Magnolia Beach south of Port Lavaca, is dry camping only, but much of it is tiny shells, and not sand. ....
Been here since Saturday night. Still great!

Told my BIL that I would reserve a spot, check in for him, pay for the site, and explian the rules. By that I mean I would park the toad so there is a spot next to me. There is no fee, no check in, no rules.

You got to love Texas.

Visit the free people's republics of California, Oregon, and Washington where the beach is to be protected from any people who might want to enjoy it.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by followingsea View Post
Visit the free people's republics of California, Oregon, and Washington where the beach is to be protected from any people who might want to enjoy it.
?? Oregon has protected the whole shoreline for the public. Otherwise homes and hotels would be built and you'd see no trespassing signs. That's where the awesome state parks are.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:52 PM   #19

Beach camping in Texas.

[QUOTE=04georgieboy;4641415]You might look into Port Aransas. It is just north of Corpus Christi. I've seen several campers on the beach there. There are many RV parks there also
We have stayed there over the past 12 years.
04georgieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:02 PM   #20

Again, thanks for all the input and advice. Really starting to look forward to this.
Parrott_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
?? Oregon has protected the whole shoreline for the public. Otherwise homes and hotels would be built and you'd see no trespassing signs. That's where the awesome state parks are.
So when was the last time you drove your RV and camped on the beach in Oregon for free?

If you know a place let me know. I will be back next summer. Oregon and Washington are great states when it comes to enjoying an RV. The state and some local governments are not as bad as California. Yet!

I am camped at Magnolia Beach now. Free! Crystal Beach requires a 12 annual pass to park anywhere on 22 miles of beach. The county cleans the beach and has trash barrels every 100 yards. The sheriff drives by several times a day.

Texas also allows staying in an RV in roadside pick nick areas for 24 hours.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:56 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by followingsea View Post
So when was the last time you drove your RV and camped on the beach in Oregon for free?

If you know a place let me know. I will be back next summer. Oregon and Washington are great states when it comes to enjoying an RV. The state and some local governments are not as bad as California. Yet!

I am camped at Magnolia Beach now. Free! Crystal Beach requires a 12 annual pass to park anywhere on 22 miles of beach. The county cleans the beach and has trash barrels every 100 yards. The sheriff drives by several times a day.

Texas also allows staying in an RV in roadside pick nick areas for 24 hours.

Just as a trivia item, Texas allows overnight sleeping in all rest areas due to a major drowsy driving campaign that started about 25-30 years ago after a sleepy driver fell asleep and plowed into a group of people on the side of the road. As I recall the driver was a college student, though I may be wrong on that detail.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:16 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott_head View Post
Thanks for the input....
I have a another question.

I have never pulled a trailer on a beach. I have an F250 with the diesel motor and 4x4 with tires that have an open block design for mud or turf. What wisdom can you bestow upon me for driving on a beach. I will take a tow chain just to be safe.
I used to drive on the beach at the Outer Banks fishing. As someone else said, you have to drop the air pressure in your tires to around 10 pounds if you drive on the soft sand. But a tow chain isn't what you want...it has no stretch. They guys who rescue stuck vehicle all had a long thick tow rope which would stretch so the tow vehicle could keep moving when the towed just started to move. The chain just got two trucks stuck.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
Google Maps shows the location.
aka Crystal Beach linked in comment #6.

The following year I did get stuck at two different beaches. Some nice folks with a truck pulled us to harder sand.

While I do not condone dangerous behavior that can get someone hurt, risking getting stuck is part of the adventure.

Tags
camping, texas