Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2016, 11:41 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bend, Oregon RV Trip Report

Here's the trip report for ur visit to Bend, Oregon. I hope you like it!
Al and Deb

https://mobilemosers.com/2016/07/04/...on-rv-trip-43/

macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2016, 11:58 PM   #2

Great trip report! I had a small townhome at the Running Y Ranch Resort outside Klamath Falls. It was the base for our fly fishing trips in southern and central Oregon east of the Cascades. We love the terrain! Now that we purchased our motorhome your trip report is very helpful as we would like to visit the Bend area again. And I just noticed we are from the same neck of the woods being located on the Peninsula. Thanks again for the report!
Old 07-10-2016, 07:18 AM   #3

Awesome report! Thanks for sharing!

Andrew
Fushux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:08 AM   #4

Thanks for posting. Great pictures. I have a niece that recently moved to Bend and we are considering a trip there this summer in the MH. Now I really want to go!
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Thanks for posting. Great pictures. I have a niece that recently moved to Bend and we are considering a trip there this summer in the MH. Now I really want to go!
Be sure to take in the "High Desert Museum", just south of Bend, when you visit.
Gordon27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:08 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtrekers View Post

Great trip report! I had a small townhome at the Running Y Ranch Resort outside Klamath Falls. It was the base for our fly fishing trips in southern and central Oregon east of the Cascades. We love the terrain! Now that we purchased our motorhome your trip report is very helpful as we would like to visit the Bend area again. And I just noticed we are from the same neck of the woods being located on the Peninsula. Thanks again for the report!

Yes, it seems no matter where you go in Oregon, it's beautiful. I hope you enjoy your Motorhome! The Bay Area is a great place to RV, in that about 3 hours in any direction is an awesome place to visit. :-)
Old 07-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon27 View Post
Be sure to take in the "High Desert Museum", just south of Bend, when you visit.

My sister-in-law made it there the day we were kayaking and she loved it! ...and that is exactly why we are returning next year...there was too must left to see! :-)
Old 07-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I came across this article on Bend, that might come in handy when you plan your visit.
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...ing-craft-beer
Happy traveling to you all!
Al
Old 07-10-2016, 04:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon27 View Post
+1. A little pricey but very interesting.

Andrew
Fushux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:37 PM   #10

Well done. Another inspiring report. We are going to have to spend some time in Bend sometime.

As someone else pointed out, I like your kayak. That is the SeaEagle, correct? Something like model 738, hard bottom?. Looks like you upgraded the seats. We've been looking for a good inflatable to put in the motorhome. That one is on the top of our list.

I like the new addition to your family. He looks like he is acclimating quite well to the lifestyle.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:57 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bend, Oregon RV Trip Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
Well done. Another inspiring report. We are going to have to spend some time in Bend sometime.

As someone else pointed out, I like your kayak. That is the SeaEagle, correct? Something like model 738, hard bottom?. Looks like you upgraded the seats. We've been looking for a good inflatable to put in the motorhome. That one is on the top of our list.

I like the new addition to your family. He looks like he is acclimating quite well to the lifestyle.

HavingABlast, yes it's a Sea Eagle Fastrack 385. It has a drop-stitch bottom, so even though it is inflatable, you can stand up in it...even use it like a paddle board. I bought mine from inflatableboats4less.com because it saved a little money, they gave me really good advice on the seats, and they also RV! :-)

The seats are the standard seats for the Fastrack. I was thinking of upgrading, but they said that these are actually more comfortable, with better lower back support, and they get you off the bottom of the kayak which keeps you a little drier.

Yes, Lucy our terrier mix puppy has taken to RV quickly. She also has a life vest for the kayak, but we have yet to take her along in the boat. Maybe when we go to Bodega Bay.

Thanks for the comment, and good luck with your kayak research!