Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2018, 06:28 AM   #1

Best campground for Boston area

Looking for nice campground with good access to the Boston area then a good site for cape cod
turnkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2018, 07:41 AM   #2

For Cape Cod, we've stayed at Bayview Campground in Bourne nearly every year for the past 12 years. I have heard that Ellis Haven in Plymouth and Bourne Scenic Park in Buzzards Bay are very nice, but we have not tried them ourselves.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #3

We stayed last year at Normandy Farms in Foxborough by Gillette Stadium. Its not all that close but very nice. About 30 mins by car to subway train garage and then about 45 on train to Boston Common. Our rig needed 50amp and size of older smaller parks wouldn't work. Traffic getting to Boston by car was bumper to bumper would be 2+ hours.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
https://www.normandyfarms.com/

On our top 10 list for the U.S.A.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
https://www.normandyfarms.com/

On our top 10 list for the U.S.A.
Went once a long time ago - Too Big - Too Crowded - Too Sandy - Too Much$$$ - Just not that impressed - JMHO,

Arch, I think you need to get out more if this in one of the top Ten. - - -

Not trying to Bash them, just keep them in Perspective.

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #6

Salisbury Beach State Reservation, right on the ocean, hour to Boston or Hyannis.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Went once a long time ago - Too Big - Too Crowded - Too Sandy - Too Much$$$ - Just not that impressed - JMHO,

Arch, I think you need to get out more if this in one of the top Ten. - - -

Not trying to Bash them, just keep them in Perspective.

JMHO,
All things are relative...you should see the bottom 10.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:18 PM   #8

Quote:
All things are relative...you should see the bottom 10.

- -
Old 09-16-2018, 09:43 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
- -

I see you live in Arnold. Spent three years at the Naval Radio Station across from the Academy. Got stung by jelly fish in Arnold on the Severn river at a friend's house next to the river.

So Arnold isn't on my top 10 places to visit...lol
Old 09-16-2018, 09:44 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I'm going to agree with Normandy Farms. Yes a little outside of Boston, but it's worth it. Very well run.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #11

Quote:
I see you live in Arnold. Spent three years at the Naval Radio Station across from the Academy. Got stung by jelly fish in Arnold on the Severn river at a friend's house next to the river.

So Arnold isn't on my top 10 places to visit...lol

I'm with you on Arnold - No CG's Here!

I've been stung Too - So now we usually Swim in the Pool or at the Beach - A long time ago when we skied on the river we learned to start from the dock and land on the Beach to Avoid the "Sea Nettles"

My Dad was a USNA Graduate along with one Nephew - So I do know the Severn River - Been here abouts in the Area for Over 50 Years.

Most of My top ten CG's - If I have Ten - would be State Parks - just seem to be a Little more my style - or and old ORA Resorts for good Class "A" spots.

The old Base used to have a CG I think - Never been there, so don't think it's still open.

Thanks for sharing your time In Arnold.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:10 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I'm with you on Arnold - No CG's Here!

I've been stung Too - So now we usually Swim in the Pool or at the Beach - A long time ago when we skied on the river we learned to start from the dock and land on the Beach to Avoid the "Sea Nettles"

My Dad was a USNA Graduate along with one Nephew - So I do know the Severn River - Been here abouts in the Area for Over 50 Years.

Most of My top ten CG's - If I have Ten - would be State Parks - just seem to be a Little more my style - or and old ORA Resorts for good Class "A" spots.

The old Base used to have a CG I think - Never been there, so don't think it's still open.

Thanks for sharing your time In Arnold.
The one radio 800 foot vertical tower you used to see...I climbed half way up that baby one time. Scary stuff. Used to repair the transmitter hooked to it.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #13

This past summer we stayed at Minuteman Campground to sight see in Boston area. About 20 minute drive and another 30-40 minutes on T. Decent campground and served its purpose, although we spent almost no time there.

For Cape Cod we have been to Nickerson state park and Atlantic Oaks. Nickerson is rustic no hook up camping and pretty tight with our set up but pretty central. The site lengths are determined through Reserve America (what I was told anyway) and only take into consideration site length, not an RV's ability to get into a site. The roads are quite narrow and twisty and the site we were at had a huge rock on one side and a tree on the other. Not fun getting in. Atlantic Oaks has the hook ups and is also central but is not cheap and doesn't offer much more than a site. From here it is right on the rail trail and since the Cape is only a mile wide at this point it is easy to get between the bay side and ocean side. I personally prefer to stay somewhere between Brewster and Wellfleet.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:56 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Take a look at Wompatuck SP in Hingham on the south shore of Boston. It's not a resort, but it's quiet and in a great location to use as a basecamp for both Boston and the Cape. We have relatives on the South Shore and we stay here every time we travel to Boston. It's electric (30 amp) only, but water is readily available and there is a dump station. For access to Boston, there is a passenger ferry from Hingham Harbor right into the downtown area. You can go into town and use the "T" (metro) to travel anywhere in Boston you want. And since you are in the South Shore of Boston, the Cape is only an hour or so away for a day trip or two. We'll be there in two weeks again, although the CG will close on Oct. 8 for the season.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground