Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Best place to spend the winter in Tucson?

We are lucky, hopefully next June we will take our RV, and start full timing. Next winter we are going to spend in Tucson. We are leaving on vacation Sunday, flying out there, and will spend several days looking at RV parks to spend the season.

I would appreciate any recommendations, or for that matter, any input on places to stay away from also.

40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We were at Lazydays in Tucson. Very clean, great staff, restaurant, laundry, 2 pools and spas.

Rich & Judy
Toad- 2015 FORD EDGE
Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
We spent a week at the Voyager Resort in February. We made reservations for 3 months beginning January 2013. Everyone was friendly, there's a lot of variety, they have an area for just park models, an area that's mixed park models & rv's, and an area for just rv's. They also have modular homes and a golf course. There were a lot of activities, restaurant, 2 salons (people & grooming) pools, spa, pickleball courts. You could exhaust yourself with all the activities & classes going on. It was also clean and the office staff friendly.
Jan & Thomas
2012 Drv Mobile Suite
2012 Ford F350 Super Duty
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
being we live here we don't really know about RV parks but Tucson is a great little town with lots to do.

If you want to get away from a RV park setting for a bit there's a beautiful State Park in Oro Valley off of Rt 77 (Oracle Road) called Catalina State Park. It's only 3 miles from our home but we drive the motor home over there frequently for a break. They take reservations on line - I think the max stay is 14 days. we go there every Thanksgiving. Right in the foothills of the scenic Santa Catalina mountains with great hiking and biking. The entry road is across from a new mall (with a WalMart- no overnight stay- and restaurants) but you would never know it from inside the park

I'll be at the flat track races until Sunday but if you would like some pointers on things to do/see around Tucson send me a PM. My vintage motorcycle club meets next Wednesday at The Barrio Brewery if you're into that kind of thing.
1998 Newmar Dutch Star, 3126B Cat/ Freightliner
2003 Honda Element
" Don't let the same dog bite you twice "
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Be sure to check out Rincon Country West, 4500 S. Mission Road and ask about the quads their premium sites.
I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
Alpine Owners Club
I second Catalina State Park. We have spent time there each of the last 4 winters. DW's sister lives about 5 miles from the park, so it works well for us. There is a two week limit, the park became reservation-able about this time last year. Temps in the park are about 8 degrees cooler at night than at sister-in-law's house. You would never know that civilization is so close when set up in this park. All spots are very long and wide. All have water and 50 amp electric, sewer is centralized with a total of 3 dump stations.
We are staying home this winter, otherwise I'd be making reservations right now!

'99 Alpine Coach
Jeff and Cheryl is online now   Reply With Quote