Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #29

Originally Posted by retiredtenn View Post
Oh my goodness, those of you that mentioned Jerome, did you drive that in a motor home?!?! We just did it in a CAR in March and it is insane! I can't imagine making those turns in a rig. JMO...you would be braver than I.
I drove it both ways in my MH. If you are confident and careful in your driving, it is quite thrilling to look down.
It is a good road, just that some are not used to hair-pins and such.
Many many times in the toad though.

Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #30
Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
We lived in Tucson for a year, and thought we had seen most everything. Last year we went out for a visit, and we went to Sonoita and Elgin. There are probably about 15 wineries there. It's located 60 miles south of Tucson. You would not believe you are in Arizona when you get there. The climate and topography was just unlike anything we had seen in Arizona.
Wineries - One of favorites things to do. Hopefully they have daily tours. We have toured wineries from Napa to NY and back down thru the eastern states.
In our little town of Vero Beach, Fl, we don't have any wineries nearby but we do attend the various wine tasting events. Afterwards, we have dinner at one of the nearby restaurants. Makes for great evening with friends.

Denver (Deerhunter)
"Friends are the family we choose for ourselves!"
Deerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #31
Originally Posted by eightydid View Post
New Mexico
Eagle Nest
Royal Gorge
Santa Fe
I think you mean the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge east of Taos? Royal Gorge is in Colorado.
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS
Prior: Jayco Pop Up, Shasta Bunkhouse, Rockwood Pop Up
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #32
Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Hit the Four Corners: Duango (train) Cortez (Mesa Verde NP) Utah (monument valley) Farmington (Navajo Lake SP & San Juan River- world class fly fishing)
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #33
Have to mention Page AZ and Glen Canyon dam. Take the blue boat tour down the Colorado river below the dam to Lees Ferry No white water, 3 hrs on the river with 1000' red sandstone cliffs all around. petroglyphs, animals etc GREAT morning trip. Boat down, bus back. Not to be missed Don't do the afternoon trip in the summer way too hot or the all day trip way too long. I used to guide this trip. Go to the Page Airport and do a scenic flight over the lake. Way better than Monument Valley! I used to fly these tours :-) Ask about a hike (if you can) to see the "Wave" and "Hodos". There is also a tour of the dam. If you fish, no limit stripped bass fishing in the lake. Some boats get 100 a day. Best bass fishing (small and largemouth) in the state. You can rent a houseboat for a few days on the lake. Need advance reservations(lake is 175 miles long. Make sure you do the short 1 mile hike to the "horseshoe bend" above the river that is 2 miles south of Wallyworld (Walmart) in Page. Don't get right on the edge of the 900' cliff overlooking the river. Stand back a few feet. A German guy did that last year and did the 900" waltz all the way down to the river. Page has a balloon fest in the fall also. Best month there is usually October. Weather is nice and the crowds are gone.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #34
Thor Owners Club
Originally Posted by bradnailer View Post
I think you mean the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge east of Taos? Royal Gorge is in Colorado.
I stand corrected.

eightydid is offline   Reply With Quote