Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #15
Freightliner Owners Club
Try apache. We have stayed there the last 2 years and love it. They have their own pier and are not retrictive on golf carts, motorcycles etc. It's not as big as pirate land but it sounds like you don't want to be at a place with thousands of sites. Check it out. The sites are not huge but again we like it becase it's not as "busy" as the rest and it's still family friendly.

Ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #16
Best campground in Myrtle Beach

Ocean Lakes family campground is first on our list followed closely by Lakewood family Campground.

pitcrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
We spent the month of October at Pirate Land. Nothing to write home about, other than $27 per night and next to the ocean. Almost vacant.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #18
So far, we have only stayed at Pirateland in Myrtle Beach. Since you indicated in your post that you're looking for something peaceful, I think I'd scratch that one off your list. Golf carts zooming around, many of the permanents having radios in them blasting as loud as they can - not my view of peaceful.

Last time, we took a drive through Myrtle Beach Travel Park. The first thing I noticed - NO GOLF CARTS! I loved it. Park was fairly busy (Easter weekend), yet still pretty quiet. Oceanside sites are still close to everything like the pool, lazy river, office. At Pirateland, if you stay beachside, you have a decent walk to the pools and office.

Next time we're in Myrtle Beach, MBTP is definitely where we will stay.
dieharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #19
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I'll 2nd Myrtle Beach Travel Park....It is located North of downtown MB and a mile from barefoot landing and restaurant row. Kind off between MB & North MB. They are a little more low key....and less golf cart traffic.
Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #20
No, don't go to MBTP. I've been going for over 35 years. Just got back. Going again in March. Don't go, can't recomend it. (Hard enough to get reservations now, don't need more competition )

Bob & Lynn
2013 Open Range 424RLS- 2006 Chevy 3500, DRW, Crew, Duramax/Allison- Hensley TS-3, 2-Honda EU2000i 4-6v Golf Cart Batteries, 3 Hua's & memories a great Chow.
3 dog nights is offline   Reply With Quote

holiday rambler