Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #1

Best Rv Park / Resort near Denver Airport

Need to find safe, clean friendly place for DW and Pups so I can travel for a couple of days. Need to be within one hour of Denver airport. Any previous experience appreciated. TIA

Alabama Travelers
2015 44B Entegra Aspire
2015 Jeep Wrangler

Princess & Ranger
al-travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2016, 10:33 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We recently stayed with our local RV camping group at the Strasburg KOA. It was clean and fairly quiet (you hear I-70 and an occasional train). It is a long way from Denver and eating and activities are very limited. Another idea would be Cherry Creek State Park. Never personally stayed overnight, but the park is nice. I would avoid the RV park at Barr Lake. Good luck with your search
Doug
Old 05-06-2016, 08:31 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Check out Dakota Ridge RV Resort in Golden CO. Golden is just west of Denver and this is the best park and safest anywhere around Denver. Close to I 70 for easy drive to airport. Golden is like a suburb of Denver and a very cool old town.

Dakota Ridge - www.essentialcoloradorv.com

Safe Travels
Dave
Old 05-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnRide View Post
We recently stayed with our local RV camping group at the Strasburg KOA. It was clean and fairly quiet (you hear I-70 and an occasional train). It is a long way from Denver and eating and activities are very limited. Another idea would be Cherry Creek State Park. Never personally stayed overnight, but the park is nice. I would avoid the RV park at Barr Lake. Good luck with your search

Doug

We stayed at Cherry Creek State Park a couple years ago. It was very nice and very roomy, we'd stay there again.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #5

You might wish to check out St. Vrain State Park. They have water/elec/sewer hookups. The toll road would get you to DIA pretty quick but I don't know about non-toll routing.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:51 PM   #6

Howdy!

Also like Cherry Creek State Park but it booked up most weekends.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:14 PM   #7

Cherry Creek State Park would be my 1st choice. We get there once or twice a year. Second choice would be Chatfield State Park. Weekends can be tough. Farther north in Loveland is Boyd Lake state park. Loveland is a nice little town. About an hour to DIA. I use Boyd Lake when I want to do Rocky Mountain National Park.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-travelers View Post
Need to find safe, clean friendly place for DW and Pups so I can travel for a couple of days. Need to be within one hour of Denver airport. Any previous experience appreciated. TIA

Alabama Travelers
2015 44B Entegra Aspire
2015 Jeep Wrangler

Princess & Ranger
Just to add to the list you have;

Golden Clear Creek RV park in Golden, CO

Boulder County Fairgrounds in Longmont, Co

JeffcoFairgrounds in Jefferson County, CO

Between these and the ones suggested you should be able to find a place - My choice would be Golden Clear Creek https://rec.cityofgolden.net/wbwsc/w...ash.html?wbp=3 - it's in town - just off the creek and next to the Library - comunity center - and the Town of Golden, so you can walk to everything.

Hope this is of some help,

Busskipper
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #9

X2 on Dakota Ridge
Shawn E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:00 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cherry Creek State Park. Then go on E470 toll road to Pena Blvd to airport. Probably take you more time once you get on Pena Blvd to the airport than from Cherry Creek to Pena Blvd. Maybe try Google Earth and take a look at it. As suggested you will definitely want to get your reservations at Cherry Creek, the sooner the better. I have stayed at Cherry Creek a couple of times and really enjoy it. Going there again this Sept. for another family outing.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Check out Dakota Ridge RV Resort in Golden CO. Golden is just west of Denver and this is the best park and safest anywhere around Denver. Close to I 70 for easy drive to airport. Golden is like a suburb of Denver and a very cool old town.

Dakota Ridge - www.essentialcoloradorv.com
My wife and I stayed at Dakota Ridge this last weekend. It was very nice and clean. It is just under an hour from DIA at non-rush hour, much longer than an hour at rush hours (you just don't want to try at that time of day).
BernieCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:14 PM   #12

We stayed at the Strasburg KOA last year to be close enough to the Denver airport to pick up friends there. It worked out fine, took about 30 to 45 minutes to get to the airport. Getting around the airport - now that is another issue.
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote