Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Looking to head on over to Chesapeake Bay to just sit, chill and do a bit of fishing. I am looking
Bethpage 2 50.00%
Grey's Point 0 0%
Neither - find somewhere else 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2005, 02:42 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Looking to head on over to Chesapeake Bay to just sit, chill and do a bit of fishing. I am looking at these two campgrounds. Anyone, with experience at one or both, care to provide input as to which one you like better? I realize they are "sister" CG's.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2005, 02:42 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Old 03-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #3

Grey's Point is a dump. I didn't really like Beth Page that much either but it is better than GP. don't count on getting a water front spot. They are all taken by permanently ensconced travel trailers.

Velvet the Black Cocker Spaniel
RV TO GO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 01:30 AM   #4

Haven't been to either CG since the mid 80's but now that "RV to Go" has done a minor "review"--that's exactly how I remember both campgrounds.

I doubt you'd be real happy at Bush campground, in Deltaville either-mostly "seasonals". Waterfront lots--taken.
BobFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:15 AM   #5

i was at Beth Page last may for 4 days with Virginia's Good Sam Samboree-.the local's that live there were rude and rode their golf carts all nights radio's blasting and most had their lights blinding you or riding around with no lights at all.I will never go there again.As for grey's point,i can't say any thing nice---so i will be silent.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:59 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Wow. I'm glad I asked. thanks
Old 03-18-2005, 01:42 PM   #7

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
John:

Back in the summer of '01, we spent a weekend at the Dublfun Campground; just off US-17 in Jamaica, VA. I considered Bethpage but heard several stories about rude campers and golf carts. We arrived at Dublfun after dark and had several friendly campers assist me in backing into the site.

The full hookup sites all sit up on a bluff and there are a small number of waterfront sites but they offered water and electric. The management was pleasant and helpful.

Nothing real fancy, but family oriented and peaceful. I'd go back again if I was in the area.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote