Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Alaska, Canada, Mexico and Beyond
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #29

SO why is Niro talking about asking his guests to use less than the "Full" 50 AMPS?

The guy mentions 50 amps several times.

If a guy that signs up for 30 uses more he pops his breaker but he CANT pull 50 amps.

(CB1000 rider nailed it in post 11)

(Mod Edit)

Which is it?

UD
Uncle Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #30

Even if OPs story is false I have now zero respect for this campground. A reputable business would acknowledge there was an issue, gently correct any discrepancies and that would be that. It seems this campground will openly discuss and disparage their customers with any random stranger that decides to email them.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:33 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Did you expect the owner of the campground to reply to you with yep I was a complete ass, my staff is rude, and we have constant power supply issues? Especially knowing you are posting his replies to a forum.

You may have been insulted at someone asking if you have any ties to the CG, but there are quite a few threads about people having problems with CG's, dealers, Manufacturers, etc and you don't see people going out of their way to get "the other side of the story." Add the fact the CG is in BC and you live in BC. My initial thought was you were being defensive about a CG where you live.

The truth in almost all of these types of threads is that the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:57 AM   #32
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
There's some personal comments that are not in keeping with our rules.

Discuss the issue, not each other.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by racersedge View Post
Yes I do and believe in this case the OP is being very slanted as to exactly what happened and why
HERE IS STATEMENT FROM THE LODGE
Read and make your/form your own opinion

Thank you for your email. It is a beautiful time to come up to Muncho Lake

The incident referred to in the review below had just happened a couple of days ago. Every once in a while we get people who simply don't understand that we are in the middle of wilderness and expect city services where there are none.

Operating in serene wilderness as we do presents great opportunities and challenges. You get to enjoy beautiful views and unsurpassed peace and quiet. At the same time, we are off the grid, which means no cell service, we have to generate our own power, our own water and sewer systems. In addition, getting internet up here was a very expansive and arduous task.

People who come here to experience the great wilderness we have here appreciate our services. As well travelers on the Alaska Hwy. appreciate the relatively high level of services we provide in the middle of nowhere.

These particular travelers came in with very large RVs consuming 50 AMPs of power, when we are able to supply only 30 AMPs. As a result our breakers dropped a couple of times and the guests decided to find the breaker and turn it back on again by themselves, which made things worse. They were asked to avoid using the full 50 AMPs because our generators may only support 30 AMPs and their response was very aggressive toward the front desk clerks and demanded a refund. Due to our remote location we are not able to refund bookings because we can't resell those spots.

In short, 99% of travelers appreciate our services. Considering our remote location, we provide a high level of services in each and every department. Many consider us to be the best place to stay on the Alaska Highway.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Thanks,
Niro
Do you really expect the lodge to be negative about themselves? First we have an amp meter on our MH never pulled over 25 amps, second we looked in the main box they had a 60 amp breaker for the main on 6 30 amp individual breakers not one of the individual breakers popped does the math work NO. Third if the owner had come to us and ask for us to please limit use because of the load from the heat we would have but he verbally attacked us. His attitude was unbelievable. One of his campground worker ask him to calm down that he was being unprofessional. There were 6 of us and he told us he was going to throw us all out did their response mention that. Lastly if you never stayed there why would you defend them unless of course you work there? Lastly, I posted to give my fellows campers an account of our experiences. If you choice to stay there good luck, if we come through again we will stay at a pull over my generator power would be much better.
The two of us and Kota, a 25 lbs Teddy Bear breed, makes three. Living the life in a 41 Fleetwood Providence pulling a Ford F150. Our trip of a lifetime 2014 Alaska all the way to Fairbanks. unbelievable beauty . as you go by.
nbargolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
The reviewing policy makes sense. Sometimes there are people who
are never pleased and hence most of their reviews will be negative. In this case the op
has given a very negative review of which some points in my opinion were grossly exaggerated.
After hearing both sides, I side with the campground owner.
So you were there that's how you can tell I grossly exaggerated everything. Folks believe me don't believe me up to you. If you go there hope you have a great time, I know none of the campers evolved will return. Oh BTW we are at a CG with 30 amp power for 2 days now using AC and everything guess what no power problems.
The two of us and Kota, a 25 lbs Teddy Bear breed, makes three. Living the life in a 41 Fleetwood Providence pulling a Ford F150. Our trip of a lifetime 2014 Alaska all the way to Fairbanks. unbelievable beauty . as you go by.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:46 AM   #35

Well after six years on this site this is the first time I posted a negative review trying to inform my fellow campers of a truly bad experience. What happened was I have been called a liar and by people who weren't there and have never camped there. So much for trying to be helpful. GOOD LUCK HAPPY CAMPING
Old 07-16-2014, 07:54 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjnr View Post
Racersedge Do you have any connection to the owners of the park ?????
No none at all first I have heard of this place was here yesterday just thought I would contact the owner and ask their side of the story as you know there is always two sides.
QUOTE FROM RV RESORT:
The incident referred to in the review below had just happened a couple of days ago. Every once in a while we get people who simply don't understand that we are in the middle of wilderness and expect city services where there are none.

Operating in serene wilderness as we do presents great opportunities and challenges. You get to enjoy beautiful views and unsurpassed peace and quiet. At the same time, we are off the grid, which means no cell service, we have to generate our own power, our own water and sewer systems. In addition, getting internet up here was a very expansive and arduous task.

People who come here to experience the great wilderness we have here appreciate our services. As well travelers on the Alaska Hwy. appreciate the relatively high level of services we provide in the middle of nowhere.

These particular travelers came in with very large RVs consuming 50 AMPs of power, when we are able to supply only 30 AMPs. As a result our breakers dropped a couple of times and the guests decided to find the breaker and turn it back on again by themselves, which made things worse. They were asked to avoid using the full 50 AMPs because our generators may only support 30 AMPs and their response was very aggressive toward the front desk clerks and demanded a refund. Due to our remote location we are not able to refund bookings because we can't resell those spots.

In short, 99% of travelers appreciate our services. Considering our remote location, we provide a high level of services in each and every department. Many consider us to be the best place to stay on the Alaska Highway.

I hope that clears things up for you.
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #37

1st of all... there are THREE sides to every story... each party has their side, and then there is the unbiased "correct" side..

Clearly the OP was upset enough about his/her experience to want to share it with us.. For that, I applaud him/her for doing so.. There was another poster who shared their story of being completely satisfied with their experience at this campground. As a member of this forum, I now have two differing opinions of this campground. It is up to me to make MY decision whether I want to patronize this campground. Its not my job to "investigate" claims made by either of them.. and to do so is rude..

I just had a terrible experience with a campground last weekend.

Upon arriving and checking in, we found the owners decided to "bump" us out of our site (reservations were made in advance, but their explanation was longer stays took precedence over shorter stays)... There were three RV's in our party and we wanted to be together (hence the advance reservation to insure the group was together)..

So now, we had to stay one night in one site, and then move to another the next day.. I wasn't happy about this, but I politely asked about getting a discount due to the inconvenience of having to move sites.. The owner said there would be no discount.. and if I didn't like it to leave.. I was a bit taken back by this response.. I've been camping for nearly 7 years and have never been treated this way.. I further pressed the issue, as the response got me going a bit.. but I remained calm.. the owner went on to say.. our friends had "issues" and it really didn't matter to them what I did.. Now mind you.. my friends can be a little ruckus at times.. but they are basically good people.. more importantly, they are the type of people (small business owners themselves) that will patronize the campgrounds amenities and spend their money freely..

Needless-to-say... I sucked it up, moved and completed my stay (mind you, I drove 4.5 hours for a short weekend) without incident. At this point, I will never go back to that campground and neither will my friends. They actually cancelled their reservation for 5 campsites over Labor Day weekend.

Bottom line... read the OP's comments and deduce whatever you wish from their experience, but for any of us to interject what may, or may not, have happened without being there is ridiculous...

And to the campgrounds response.. that is where they lost my respect.. as a business owner, it really doesn't do them any good to rehash the situation.. a simple response of..

yes, we did have an incident.. we regret it escalated to the point it did, but we will continue our efforts to provide the best quality camping experience we can...

should have been their ONLY response.. but to go into the detail they did and to comment about people being drunk.. very unbecoming of a business to go down that road.. in my opinion..
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #38

"Customer is always right" doesnt seem to apply at most RV parks
Dyno Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have been reading "these" type of threads. First I want to thank the OP for sharing this information. Do I have any reason to question him no, I simple read then it helps me make a decision whether or not to camp there.

I have noticed one thing that these type of threads have in common, that is they are mostly private campgrounds. I stay in mostly county, state and national parks because it seems to me ( my opinion) the people are nicer and they actually care and try to make your visit nice.
Could be I have just hit the "right" ones, perhaps. But myself being a small business owner I have a different attitude when it comes to the customer. I do everything I can to make them happy even if it costs me some money. Why? The ole saying goes, one unhappy customer tells one which turns in to 10 so on and so on.
It is my reputation and I value that along with my customers.

Once again I thank the OP for posting this information.

Richard
RCG604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ Bill View Post
"Customer is always right" doesnt seem to apply at most RV parks
That's certainly true. However, even if the customer is not right, you're not given a pass to treat him or her improperly.

To me, there are a few ways this can go:
1) Comply with the owner/management request.
2) Don't comply with the owner/management request. The customer should be informed if they don't comply, they'll be asked to leave. If they don't leave, the police will be called.

Getting ugly - on either side - just escalates things. I'm sure owning campgrounds is not easy and a minority number of campers can cause the majority of owner frustration.

I don't know who was ugly to who in this story. I wasn't there.

Factually, something doesn't make sense - pulling 50A through a 30A connection isn't possible, at least not in most modern campers. That adapter only gives you one leg of power and if the camper were to pull more than 30A, what should happen is that the local breaker at the site should blow. It shouldn't blow the main. If the main was blowing, something else was wrong - or the camp site wasn't designed to supply full power to each site. Saying otherwise is like saying because your wife overloads the bathroom with a hair dryer, that it blew the main to your house.

I can tell you that I've been screamed a camp ower. Not this camp. I didn't believe a minority number of reviews that I've read online and we're not one of those "troublemaker" campers. However, I brought a German Shepherd to a camp where apparently they are labelled "dangerous breeds" - no indication of that online and we were not told when making reservations. I switched spots with another camper at his request and confirmed with management. A maintenance guy came by and I was told to keep the dog "inside" so I went to the office to talk to the management so see what the problem was. For 2-3 minutes, the owner proceeded to call me names, question my ethics, and literally scream at me while I simply stood there and tried to not get hot about it. I got to explain to my 4-year old why "daddy was a liar".

Why did he do that?
The owner didn't know that spots were switched. So he assumed that I had told him that we owned a terrier (the guy that we switched spots with) and I had intentionally lied when making the reservations. He wasn't interested in hearing my "excuses" and he wouldn't listen to his obviously terrified staff. 3 weeks later the owners partner refunded my money for the stay, but we won't go back.

Campgrounds should get reviews.. Both good and bad. I now make it a practice to review every campground we go to. The vast majority of our experiences are fine, but that one was frightening.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #41

Feel for the OP on this one. If someone was venting about issues they were having with there Brand X RV and listing the problems they had, would they be harassed this bad. Would someone email the company to get there side? He gave his opinion on his experiences take it or leave it. BTW JMO.
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondavalk View Post
Feel for the OP on this one. If someone was venting about issues they were having with there Brand X RV and listing the problems they had, would they be harassed this bad. Would someone email the company to get there side? He gave his opinion on his experiences take it or leave it. BTW JMO.
sir with all due respect here.IF you were to read the posts here you will see I have on more than two times posted the other side of the story I received via email from the lodge
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote