Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
1st of all... there are THREE sides to every story... each party has their side, and then there is the unbiased "correct" side..

Clearly the OP was upset enough about his/her experience to want to share it with us.. For that, I applaud him/her for doing so.. There was another poster who shared their story of being completely satisfied with their experience at this campground. As a member of this forum, I now have two differing opinions of this campground. It is up to me to make MY decision whether I want to patronize this campground. Its not my job to "investigate" claims made by either of them.. and to do so is rude..

I just had a terrible experience with a campground last weekend.

Upon arriving and checking in, we found the owners decided to "bump" us out of our site (reservations were made in advance, but their explanation was longer stays took precedence over shorter stays)... There were three RV's in our party and we wanted to be together (hence the advance reservation to insure the group was together)..

So now, we had to stay one night in one site, and then move to another the next day.. I wasn't happy about this, but I politely asked about getting a discount due to the inconvenience of having to move sites.. The owner said there would be no discount.. and if I didn't like it to leave.. I was a bit taken back by this response.. I've been camping for nearly 7 years and have never been treated this way.. I further pressed the issue, as the response got me going a bit.. but I remained calm.. the owner went on to say.. our friends had "issues" and it really didn't matter to them what I did.. Now mind you.. my friends can be a little ruckus at times.. but they are basically good people.. more importantly, they are the type of people (small business owners themselves) that will patronize the campgrounds amenities and spend their money freely..

Needless-to-say... I sucked it up, moved and completed my stay (mind you, I drove 4.5 hours for a short weekend) without incident. At this point, I will never go back to that campground and neither will my friends. They actually cancelled their reservation for 5 campsites over Labor Day weekend.

Bottom line... read the OP's comments and deduce whatever you wish from their experience, but for any of us to interject what may, or may not, have happened without being there is ridiculous...

And to the campgrounds response.. that is where they lost my respect.. as a business owner, it really doesn't do them any good to rehash the situation.. a simple response of..

yes, we did have an incident.. we regret it escalated to the point it did, but we will continue our efforts to provide the best quality camping experience we can...

should have been their ONLY response.. but to go into the detail they did and to comment about people being drunk.. very unbecoming of a business to go down that road.. in my opinion..
BUT the guy was drunk? why should they put up with that and why should they not mention that? I don't understand your position.Iam a alcoholic and even I hate drunks. Be in control of yourself or don't consume!!
Besides all that the drunk was interfering in a dispute that was non of his business.After reading and rereading the OP side of the story and the storys that I got via email from the lodge \I have concluded that both side were inaccurate and exaggerated the the situation. I think it was a avoidable situation if cooler heads on both sides had prevailed.I do not subscribe to the typical consumers attitude that no matter what the customer is always right. Never have and never will

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by racersedge View Post
sir with all due respect here.IF you were to read the posts here you will see I have on more than two times posted the other side of the story I received via email from the lodge
Reading ALL the post here is why I gave my opinion.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondavalk View Post
Reading ALL the post here is why I gave my opinion.
your post?
Feel for the OP on this one. If someone was venting about issues they were having with there Brand X RV and listing the problems they had, would they be harassed this bad. Would someone email the company to get there side? He gave his opinion on his experiences take it or leave it. BTW JMO.

Its pretty evident I posted emails I received directly from the lodge?
So how can you post what you posted? QUOTE: would someone email the lodge?
READosted 2 times
Thanks for your inquiry regarding the review.

Regarding the breakers, the OP on the forum was incorrect in mentioning that no individual breakers popped. In reality, the breakers on one of the RV sites popped leading to a power outage. This happened not once, but multiple times. Just to let you know that our RV Park can operate at full capacity as it has done so many times this summer. So, as long as guests don’t exceed 30amps, we never have any issues.

"The gentle giant" was in fact drunk and belligerent. We felt the need to involve the police because our staff and owner were threatened and verbally abused in front of other guests not just once, but thrice. He also reset the breakers himself despite being warned not to do so. Contrary to our advice the customer insisted on resetting the breakers on our panel, consequently overheating the entire panel. To protect our infrastructure from a customer which is abusing our system in his drunkenness, we had no other choice but to deny him our services and remove him from our property.

We should mention that the guests did admit to us that he was drunk and apologised to several staff members prior to getting driven off the property by his wife.

Best Regards,
Urs

Per. Northern Rockies Lodge Ltd
Authorized Signatory
Old 07-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

OK guys, let's keep our posts aimed at the subject matter and not at each other personally.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #47

I always check Rv park reviews , I hope the OP posts a review so other campers know what to expect
Old 07-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #48
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
OK guys, let's keep our posts aimed at the subject matter and not at each other personally.

Thanks for your help.

Rick
I'm with you Rick. Don't think irv2 members are interested in being judge, jury or executioner in a no win situation. Just like beauty, love and personal opinions, being "right" is always in the eye of the beholder. JMHO
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #49

I find it disturbing that third party hearsay is being posted as fact.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #50

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbargolf View Post
First we have an amp meter on our MH never pulled over 25 amps, second we looked in the main box they had a 60 amp breaker for the main on 6 30 amp individual breakers not one of the individual breakers popped does the math work NO.
Actually, considering the location/circumstance, a 240 volt 60 amp breaker is not grossly out of line for (6) 120 volt 30 amp circuits. I do not know the Canadian electrical code, but it may be possible for the owner to replace the 60 with a 70, which I believe would help.
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #51

racersedge, you appear to want to debate my opinion... I believe my opinion is not up for debate, as it is my opinion, formulated by my observations (thank you DieselTech39)..

I don't know what transpired between the two parties... However, you felt the need to go to great lengths to become the judge and jury on this thread.. I'm not sure I have ever seen this on any other thread I have viewed, its quite extraordinary the lengths you went to get the perceived "whole" story..

It appears you feel the need to question anyone who has posted an opinion contrary to yours.. I guess its your option.. but I don't wish to engage the discussion any more.. the OP posted his position.. he felt strongly enough about his experience to share/warn the IRV2 community.. I take that information and move forward.. I don't believe the OP was asking for a debate... but it appears he's gotten one from you..

Right.. wrong.. or indifferent, it was the OP's explanation of what transpired.. please leave it at that and let's all move on...
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Oh My.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
racersedge, you appear to want to debate my opinion... I believe my opinion is not up for debate, as it is my opinion, formulated by my observations (thank you DieselTech39)..

I don't know what transpired between the two parties... However, you felt the need to go to great lengths to become the judge and jury on this thread.. I'm not sure I have ever seen this on any other thread I have viewed, its quite extraordinary the lengths you went to get the perceived "whole" story..

It appears you feel the need to question anyone who has posted an opinion contrary to yours.. I guess its your option.. but I don't wish to engage the discussion any more.. the OP posted his position.. he felt strongly enough about his experience to share/warn the IRV2 community.. I take that information and move forward.. I don't believe the OP was asking for a debate... but it appears he's gotten one from you..

Right.. wrong.. or indifferent, it was the OP's explanation of what transpired.. please leave it at that and let's all move on...
Amen
Old 07-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
So you were there that's how you can tell I grossly exaggerated everything
No I wasn't there. Just offering my opinion after hearing both sides. Were you guys and the gentle giant just sitting by the fire roasting marshmallows and drinking co co when this angry CG owner came over and started yelling for no reason? Threatened to call the police for no reason? The story was not a review it was an angry attack on someones business so of course it will be challenged.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:28 AM   #54

If my memory serves me correctly, a grilled cheese sandwich was 7.00 dollars Canadian........with ham it was 8.00 dollars. A liter of fuel was 1.98 per liter and if you were a guest, you got 4 cent off a liter.
Is that the place?.........I would give you two thumbs down for the restaurant and campground, but lake view was so-so.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:15 AM   #55

Strangr stuff. I travel up the highway regularly, sine I am an AK snowbird. This is one of my favorite stops. I have always been treated courteously. Pricey? Sure. I understand why. They have to produce their own piwet and internet is satellite provided. My routine is to have one of their great meals in the dining room and access wifi, while dining.
I am astounded at what was originally posted.
Actually, the first time I ever stopped here in a motorhome was in June, 1986, when it was just a small lodge (which is the one story log building adjacent to the new building. I loved it then and loved stopping here this May. Can't imagine what could have happened to create this situation?
Old 07-19-2014, 06:53 AM   #56

We've always stayed at Strawberry Flats or McDonalds whenever we've stayed at Muncho. No hookups, but we've always had a spot right on the lake. Great views and fishing.

Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote