Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:17 AM   #57
Now I remember the view......(it was across from the large structure....maintenance building with the door wide open and men working and heavy machinery being used with a good amount of noise......this lasted till quitting time around 6 pm). Just to the right, was a storage area where an airplane ( dismantled) and a truck was sitting. Off to the right you got a view of the lake until a couple of rv's got settled in, than it was limited. The dump station was right across from our site.......we where towing a car, so we had to disconnect the car in order to dump before we hit the road. The whole campground did not have an operating sewer, only the dump hole that was provided. The cost without a working sewer at the site was 50.00 dollars per nite....a bit pricey.
If it weren't for the wildlife we saw after leaving the campground heading north, which made us forget the evening before, it was worth it.....buffalo, buffalo, and more buffalo, not to mention the moose that appeared along the side of the road.

corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2014, 06:31 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post

We've always stayed at Strawberry Flats or McDonalds whenever we've stayed at Muncho. No hookups, but we've always had a spot right on the lake. Great views and fishing.
Are either of those two places setup for a rig my length, 72 feet?

Dr4Film ----- Richard

2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL - Now Staying in Dansville NY for the Summer.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #59
Not singularly.....they have an area that is 4 backup sites next to each other.......the day we where at the campground, it was roped off and the lady told me we could not have one of the sites was because a tractor trailer rented all for spots. I believe one site was 42.00 per nite....water and elect. only.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #60
American Coach Owners Club
We stopped at this 'lodge' in 2011. With my little conversion chart, gasoline(reg.) broke the $6.50 a gallon barrier...can't recall by how much. Asked the lady at the desk if I could look at their sites. She suggested the ones lakeside. As I recall, I walked 5 sites and did not see any box receptacles that looked like a 30amp. The sites were close to an obnoxiously noisy generator and there was junk everywhere around that maintenance area. We passed on the CG and their gasoline.

Personally, I saw nothing that would justify spending my money there and with McDonald Provencal Park so nearby, I'm surprised the 'lodge' is still in business...but to each their own.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Muncho4.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	68525
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Muncho Lake, BC1.bmp (506.3 KB, 43 views)
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #61
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Purchased fuel there because we needed some at that time. It was by far the most expensive fuel we purchased on our trip. Will NOT be stopping in there again for fuel or camping although the people were very nice. I suppose even bank robbers can be polite and nice.

2012 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH Diesel Pusher, TireTraker TPMS
'08 Honda CRV Protect-a-Tow
burfurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:01 PM   #62
Originally Posted by crolfmilton View Post
Strangr stuff. I travel up the highway regularly, sine I am an AK snowbird. This is one of my favorite stops. I have always been treated courteously. Pricey? Sure. I understand why. They have to produce their own piwet and internet is satellite provided. My routine is to have one of their great meals in the dining room and access wifi, while dining.
I am astounded at what was originally posted.
Actually, the first time I ever stopped here in a motorhome was in June, 1986, when it was just a small lodge (which is the one story log building adjacent to the new building. I loved it then and loved stopping here this May. Can't imagine what could have happened to create this situation?
nuff said form your own opinion as I have
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:02 AM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by racersedge View Post
nuff said form your own opinion as I have

Oh, I have definitely formed an opinion.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian and Tammy
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K
Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Blue Ox Baseplate, Blue Ox Tow Bar, Patriot Braking
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #64
That's funny, Brian :-)
Kitty & Rolf - Successfully unemployed since 2012
2000 MADP - 2012 Grand Cherokee
crolfmilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #65
OP - Sorry you and others experienced this. I have formed these opinions:

1) Some of the coaches were drawing more power than the 30A supply. Collectively, this repeatedly rippled to the main breaker.

2) A customer should never touch the main breaker.

3) No client, has the right to be rude or threatening to any staff member of a park.

4) The owner, has a right to stand up for and protect his staff. But, should do so with consistent politeness even as they are having the client/guest leave the facility. Refunds for unused days is appropriate.

5) The owner, should never let his temper get the better of him. Even with a problem guest/client. And this should never be widened to a larger group of clients/guests.

Note: No matter what, the owner needs to set the stage on how to handle difficult situations for his staff.

6) Calling the police, which in this location could be several hours away, is appropriate when a guest/client is not leaving when asked.

We came up early, and hunkered down at Muncho Lakes Strawberry Flats for a very cold but pleasant stay for 6 nights over Victoria Day. We enjoyed going into the Lodge for lunch, and would have done a dinner too - but decided to remain with our dog the night we were going to do so. We found the lodge to be a neat construction, and the staff, some of whom had just come in the week before, to be interesting to talk to, and all were polite and professional with us. The lodge has many staff members working during the season from many countries. Kind of neat to see the merge of the different cultures working together. We also met the wife of this man for a brief conversation, and she was as nice as any owner should be. Never met her husband.

We understood the logistics and costs to run a lodge of this magnitude, and had no problems with paying for internet. (We would come in once a day to check up on business and family. Sometimes just sitting in the car in front of the lodge.) We did not buy gas at the lodge, but if we had not planned properly and filled up at Toast River, and then again in Contact Creek going North - I would have much rather had the opportunity to pay more for fuel at the lodge, then not have fuel at all.

We found the price of food to be high, but of good quality.

IMO, this lodge is working to continue transitioning over to a higher paying clientale. Nothing wrong with this, as we all a choice to frequent an busienss or not. I also got the impression, that the lodge clients were the focus of the business. The RV Spots were most likely an afterthought, and not very carefully laid out. The airplane hanger, showed the priority of the owner, as I suspect his plane is his real passion. (And you know what, nothing wrong with that, as it is his choice on his land and his business on what to focus on.)

We thought about stopping overnight the last night on Munch Lake, to use the dump and top off with water, as after 6 days of dry camping we were due. But, we decided to press on and stay only one night in Liard Hot Springs. We did fill up with water at the campground in Liard, and just kept on conserving usage until we got to Watson Lake. Why? After walking the RV park, we decided the costs were to high for what we wanted out to use it for. That was our choice as customers.

Again OP, sorry this happened to you. To the lodge owner, I hope he learned a lesson on having more control of himself in situations like this. And, I will say I respect his wanting to stand up and protect his staff, but doing so in the right way is also important. To the Gentle Giant, or any other obnoxious person that RV's (and we've all seen them) and or drunk - never gives anyone the right to be rude to a staff member, or in some cases to other guests.

I continue to read, and update, RVPARKSREVIEW - as it is one of the better tools available when coming into a new area. Like all things on the internet, including forums like this, you need to read between the lines and learn how see if one person has a different perspective then you do on grading parks.

I wish all of you the best in your travels, the lodge ongoing success too. Be safe, have fun,

(And I suppose in this long winded thread, I shared my opinions too!)

Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote