Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Alaska, Canada, Mexico and Beyond
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
RVparkreviews tends to "filter" negative reviews. .
This is the first I've heard of this. Can you explain?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2014, 02:33 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
I should be more clear - a minimum number of reviews is now required. And this may cause retraction of prior reviews if you haven't met minimums.

Will they actually remove a negative review that is within policy? It's their site.

Another indication:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...print/true.cfm
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:52 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
The reviewing policy makes sense. Sometimes there are people who
are never pleased and hence most of their reviews will be negative. In this case the op
has given a very negative review of which some points in my opinion were grossly exaggerated.
After hearing both sides, I side with the campground owner.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #18

That's why Boondocking is so cool.... It's all you......we spent 8 of our 10 weeks in Alaska last summer Boondocking and it was trouble free and awesome. Met some of the nicest people too !
It's very hard to criticize what happened to the OP without being there so I won't .
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #19

I doubt it went down just like the campground said either. As someone else said, two sides to every story.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
RVparkreviews tends to "filter" negative reviews. The parks are their customers. If you use it, try to include good reviews for camps that you're happy with.
Sorry, but you are mistaken. RVParkReviews does not filter negative reviews, and the parks are not "their customers." No campground has any commercial interest in RV Park Reviews website. In fact, the opposite of that statement is true; campers who post and use the reviews are the "customers."

The purpose of RVPR is to provide reviews of the campground facilities and is not intended to be an outlet for people to vent frustrations about their differences with campground staff and/or other campers.

That said, there is a forum at the campgroundreviews.com website where these types of discussions may be posted.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I have been traveling to and from Alaska since 2010. Even before my very first trip it was a known and published fact around the RV circles that the Muncho Lake area has been and still is the BIGGEST rip-off in the entire BC Providence especially for fuel.

I always enjoy the ride along the Muncho Lake area BUT have never stopped for anything other than to take a photo.

There are plenty of places to get cheaper fuel, places to stay overnight (boondock) so my money is NEVER spent on anything in the Muncho Lake area.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
We call them Provinces, similar to your Statics. You know the Static of Montana, Texas, etc
wydeglyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by racersedge View Post
Good idea one review was positive and two were negative
Quote:
Nice owner, nicely laid out RV park. In need of some additional cleanup of old run down buildings. This campground is a rearranged old Alaska Highway lodge campground. Overpriced for what you get by about $10-$15, but in line with other Muncho Lake private parks. We camped here in a Motorhome.

People have to realize because of the remoteness the rates(everything) will be higher and because its power is generater things are not quite like downtown USA

I wouldn't consider a rating of 5/10 positive. It's funny that one of the negative reviews on the park talk about the electrical problem and rude service. Sort of sounds like the OP's story.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by racersedge View Post

These particular travelers came in with very large RVs consuming 50 AMPs of power, when we are able to supply only 30 AMPs. As a result our breakers dropped a couple of times and the guests decided to find the breaker and turn it back on again by themselves, which made things worse. They were asked to avoid using the full 50 AMPs because our generators may only support 30 AMPs and their response was very aggressive toward the front desk clerks and demanded a refund. Due to our remote location we are not able to refund bookings because we can't resell those spots.

Niro
Really Niro?

Sounds your campground staff and no doubt some of your customers handled your overload poorly.

The guests either bought 30 or 50 amp power and if the site falls short it should issue some sort of refund.

Blaming the guests for using what they paid for is ludicrous if you can't produce the juice you shouldn't sell it.

I would happily back down from 50 amp power to 30 amp if asked politely or may even run my genset if comped properly.

On Refunds of some sort even a few bucks...
Using ones remote location and the inability to "resell" something you can't deliver to begin with is an excuse that doesn't fly anywhere Niro. If you took money remotely - you can refund it remotely.

Im sure you guys have a nice place and if you get real about what you are selling and let people know upfront that you produce your own power and its not 100% reliable then you probably wont have any issues at all.

People get it when you level with them upfront.

Good Luck everybody.

Uncle Dave
Uncle Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:21 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wydeglyde View Post

We call them Provinces, similar to your Statics. You know the Static of Montana, Texas, etc
Well bummer! I will have a stern talk with my Internet Spellchecker and I should spend a couple of minutes to proofread it after spell checking just to make sure.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #25

Racersedge Do you have any connection to the owners of the park ?????
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #26

Wife and I have stayed at this camp ground many times when going to Alaska. We have done this trip at least 15 times. We always plan our trip to stop at Muncho L. Love the place. Picked up an 8 lb Rainbow last time in the Lake. Because of the scenery and fishing, we do not stay in the RV, we are simply happy to be sitting outside enjoying the place. Except for late night, we don't run the air conditioner here because we simply understand the north and the conditions the owners are faced with. If something breaks down, it is very difficult getting getting parts being so far away from
parts supply. It is also very difficult getting help, as most people looking for summer work, go to cities where they can play with their flippin i phones all day.

Because it is day light 24/7 in summer, some people from the south complain they cannot sleep because of the light. People next to us said "I don't know how people sleep here with all the light" My reply was "we close our eyes"

Every stay here the operators where very friendly, the place was clean and they even found the time to visit with us.

If I can't afford the price of gas on my unit, I wouldn't go.
fishchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
Really Niro?

Sounds your campground staff and no doubt some of your customers handled your overload poorly.

The guests either bought 30 or 50 amp power and if the site falls short it should issue some sort of refund.

Blaming the guests for using what they paid for is ludicrous if you can't produce the juice you shouldn't sell it.

I would happily back down from 50 amp power to 30 amp if asked politely or may even run my genset if comped properly.

On Refunds of some sort even a few bucks...
Using ones remote location and the inability to "resell" something you can't deliver to begin with is an excuse that doesn't fly anywhere Niro. If you took money remotely - you can refund it remotely.

Im sure you guys have a nice place and if you get real about what you are selling and let people know upfront that you produce your own power and its not 100% reliable then you probably wont have any issues at all.

People get it when you level with them upfront.

Good Luck everybody.

Uncle Dave
(Mod Edit) According to The Op and the RV resort they never offered 50 amp nor did the OP exspect 50 amp
I have no bone in this fight I just never believe the OP story in its entirety so thought I would contact the lodge and let them explain things
here is their latest reply to my inquirys( I now beleive the lodges story more than the op) just my take on things
QUOTE:Thanks for your inquiry regarding the review.

Regarding the breakers, the OP on the forum was incorrect in mentioning that no individual breakers popped. In reality, the breakers on one of the RV sites popped leading to a power outage. This happened not once, but multiple times. Just to let you know that our RV Park can operate at full capacity as it has done so many times this summer. So, as long as guests don’t exceed 30amps, we never have any issues.

"The gentle giant" was in fact drunk and belligerent. We felt the need to involve the police because our staff and owner were threatened and verbally abused in front of other guests not just once, but thrice. He also reset the breakers himself despite being warned not to do so. Contrary to our advice the customer insisted on resetting the breakers on our panel, consequently overheating the entire panel. To protect our infrastructure from a customer which is abusing our system in his drunkenness, we had no other choice but to deny him our services and remove him from our property.

We should mention that the guests did admit to us that he was drunk and apologised to several staff members prior to getting driven off the property by his wife.

Best Regards,
Urs
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjnr View Post
Racersedge Do you have any connection to the owners of the park ?????
[Moderator Edit] NO .I just simply as \I just said thought the OP was allowed to post his story and I was interested to hear the other side.After hearing the other side I believe the lodge side of the story.
Fishchamp posted he has stayed there many times and found the management nice and the resort very nice reasonable place to stay
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote