Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #15

Rules are not rules unless both parties are aware of the rules. As stated earlier, if the poster was not aware of this policy he cannot be held to the obligation. If he made a 3-day reservation because he knew there was a 3-day stay required he may have been informed of the policy. If there was a tropical storm warning "during the actual stay period" I suspect the campground owners could not enforce this rule as they would be putting their customers in harms way and every court in the World would rule against them.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #16

When they say there are no discounts for bad weather I think that they would mean rain or cold weather. If there were tropical storm warnings then they should refund in full. Most cgs would ask people to leave in case of tropical storm warnings.
Don
Donr827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #17

Blessed are those that live in the entitlement society where everyone is a victim of something. "GET A LAWYER, SUE, BOYCOTT, WRITE LETTERS, TELL EVERYONE OF UNFAIR TREATMENT"

Sorry I had to vent.

It's Florida, hurricane season - - - re: A crap shoot. You made the reservation, you didn't cancel per their refund policy, it's a shame, but that's life.

It was a tropical storm warning, did a storm ever really hit? Was the campground evacuated during the period of your reservation? I have left campgrounds early before, sometimes because of the campground, sometimes not. In all cases, I didn't even ask for a refund, because I new better and the majority of parks have similar policies to the park you are talking about.

At one park, I left a day early because the folks that checked in next door had a couple of obnoxious kids and obnoxious dogs (and I'm a dog lover). I went up to the office to let them know I was leaving and they offered me a refund. I told them they had told be about their refund policy and that it was OK, I didn't expect a refund, I just wanted them to know that when I left they could rent that spot out if they got the chance. When I left an hour or so later, I was rewarded by not having to pay for the propane I got at their LP filling station. They admitted that they constantly had people "carping" about refunds AFTER being informed about their policy and said I was a refreshing change to see one that realized that they owned a business and not a hobby for the "convenience" for campers.

But, having said all that, I am sorry that you got stuck.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If you have a chance-Check your insurance policy for the Rig.
No compensation for acts of God.
I think that hurricanes might apply, be glad you did not go, may have cost you more than 3 days.

Just my 2 cents
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita
If you have a chance-Check your insurance policy for the Rig.
No compensation for acts of God.
I think that hurricanes might apply, be glad you did not go, may have cost you more than 3 days.

Just my 2 cents
Act of god are covered. You may be thinking of a homeowners policy that excludes wind.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1BAMAFAN View Post
don't think they had much in their policy about tropical storms or hurricanes, but I might have missed that part . guess I need to check the 30 day storm/hurricane outlook before my next trip . But with a little common sense they could have made an offer such as Al posted (use of site at a later date) but they didn't . already have my letters on the way to good sams and florida attorney general.
don't forget to send a copy of your ag letter to the better business bureau for that area of fl.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1bamafan View Post
this past weekend (labor day weekend) we had reservations at emerald beach rv park in navarre, fl. Due to the tropical storm we knew tropical storm warnings would be in place by saturday morning ,(and they were) so we decided not to make the trip. This park required prepayment of all three (3) days . So i called to request a refund of the days (2) when the warnings were in effect ; the lady there in a not so nice tone said "there are no refunds , we don't care what the weather is".
I don't know if florida has any regulations concerning this ' but i just wanted to inform readers about this park and their policies.
if you put it on a charge card, dispute 2 days. SOMETIMES JUST COMMON COURTESY BY THE CG SHOULD SWAY THEIR JUDGEMENT WHEN A DIRE EMERGENCY PREVAILS, IRREGARDLESS OF THEIR REFUND POLICY, COMMON SENSE SHOULD INDICATE THAT THEY SHOULD REFUND YOUR MONEY IN THIS UNIQUE SITUATION.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Looks like a decent cg...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
How did you pay your deposit? If by credit card, just protest the charge with your credit card company. Explain what happened and see if they can use some leverage to get your money refunded.

I agree with this opinion... although there are cancellation policy's mother nature is *not* your fault and although not theirs either they should be considerate and expect your return business at a later date ... their loss...
theCOMVEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post
Blessed are those that live in the entitlement society where everyone is a victim of something. "GET A LAWYER, SUE, BOYCOTT, WRITE LETTERS, TELL EVERYONE OF UNFAIR TREATMENT"
You know you are absolutely correct but in terms of business don't you think it was bad business on their part upseting a potential repeat customer? Was it really worth the couple of hundred dollars and loose the repeat business?

Even if the hurricane did not actually pass, we do have to travel in our MH's to get to these locations and sometimes driving in bad weather to get to the good weather area is just not worth it ...

Why trip over dollars to save pennies ... that's just how I see this scenario.
theCOMVEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #25

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
There was a tropical storm warning issued for the area. The worst we got was lots of rain and high surf in the Gulf. The campground in question is on Santa Rosa Sound, which is between the barrier island and the Gulf.

There was no mandatory evacuation order issued for Santa Rosa County. Ergo, no mandatory evacuation order means the OP left because of heavy rain.

Since the weekend was Labor Day weekend and a holiday, the campground was within their rights to enforce their published rules.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:49 AM   #26

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
What Al said.

Your doing the right thing Bad Pub and I wouldn't use them people are Greedy!
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Leaves an extra spot open for me... Thanks!
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #28

We have stayed at that campground before. Won't stay there again. The people in the office were definitely rude. We had a site that you were supposed to see the inlet. But the people next to us choose to park a 3rd vehicle in front of their motorhome, and blocked our view. We complained at the office as that was against the rules to have that many vehicles at their campsite. They said they would "take care of it" They did nothing. Stay away from this campground. We sure will!!
indiana journey is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, florida