Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #29
Go to
Navarre campground instead, about 1/2 miles away. Very good folks.

Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #30
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Lault View Post
Go to
Navarre campground instead, about 1/2 miles away. Very good folks.
St. Rosa RV Resort Navarre, Florida
this cg has a very restrictive cancellation policy. no refunds within 30 days even for hurricanes unless you buy travel insurance. thats not good,
kinda pricey too.

01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #31
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We Floridians do not automatically hate the Alabama Crimson Tide. Of course there a couple of things that Alabama can do during the season to enhance their position with us (or at least some Floridians, but not all). 1. Beat the Gators. The worse you beat them the better. Leave them bent, broken and despondent. 2. Lose to Auburn. It keeps peace in family. The rest of the games, have at it - good luck.

I too have had a problem with the campground in question. Not concerning their refund policy but I will have something on that issue shortly. Our issue is with them not enforcing their rules. We stayed there over the 4th of July holiday a year ago. Over that holiday a bunch (8 - 10 rvs worth) of drunks played loud Cajin music and partied almost all night. (I have no problem with Cajin music. I did have issue with the volume and the lateness of the hour in which it was played and the volume of the hooping and hollering that accompanied it.) When we took issue with this behavior and asked the office management to correct this situation so that we could enjoy our nights and our stay, we were informed that this was a group that booked there for the 4th every year: to wit - they brought in a lot of money to the cg therefor keeping them happy was more important than keeping us happy. They not only took no corrective action, they had the gall to inform the offending campers, who were parked all around us, that we had complained on them. This, we feel, resulted in some direct damage to some our equipment the next day while we were out of the park. We had been to Emerald Beach CG several times before, including booking our RV club there on serveral occasions, but that 4th was our last trip there. They can turn their campground over to loud mouth drunks anytime they wish and it will never again be a problem for us.

On the issue of refunds or no refunds or partial refunds in case of cancelation. I've stayed at numereous motels/hotels over a great number of years. On the few occasions where it has been necessary to change or cancel my reservations there has never been a charge for doing so. Things are going to happen in people's lives that make it necessary for a few them to have to change their travel plans (if you don't think so, book an airline flight - but I don't want to get started on the airlines and their rudness,and let's not even mention TSA). If hotels and motels don't find it necessary to charge up front for the whole stay and keep your money if you cancel I personally see no reason for rv parks to act any differently. Let's face it, on holidays any of the popular campgrounds are going to be booked and have a waiting list of campers wanting to get in should someone should cancel. Of course by keeping the money of the person who had to cancel and then charging someone else who they call to come fill the spot they are a doubling their profit for that time. Like those who cater to drunks I try not to do business with those campgrounds that have such policies. I've had medical emergencies on the road that caused delays and changes in our schedule. DW has been being treated for a serious cancer condition for the past year and meeting her treatment needs has caused last minute changes in our travel schedule. We simply cannot afford to do business with establishments that have a no refund policy.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #32
Tiffin Owners Club
We booked at Liberty Harbor RV in New Jersey over the Christmas holiday and had to cancel our trip on the RV. When I booked I knew their cancelation policy close to the travel date was that they would keep the entire deposit. However I had the hope that they would not do this but when I called to cancel they did. I was disappointed but accepted it because I *was* aware of this policy when I booked. I lost close to $200.- in that deposit.

Frank, Ana, Sophie and Analis
Looking Super Fly in THE COMVEE!
2011 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
theCOMVEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #33
IMHO, they are in business, and have to make money in a short period of time, and have to pay their bills on time, regardless of the weather.

If they did have to refund your money, then they should not have to pay related monies to their creditors.

Critical thinking sometimes gets me into trouble, so be it!

Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #34
Winnebago Owners Club
I hope those who had issues with this campground posted a review at rvparkreviews.com
Beabop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #35
I have been to a wide variety of campgrounds and I've noticed that when a campground goes out of way to point out its "No REfund Policy", Its usually because there are several good reasons why someone would want to leave quickly. Hurricanes are usually not on the list but criminal activity, loud train tracks, defective utilities, and staff who don't belong in the hospitality industry usually are. JMO
Denis, Ruth and Gracie
the K-9 Dashboard Ornament
2007 Newmar Baystar 3202
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #36
How about a little common sense. considering the damage a tropical storm can do you would think they could be a littlr flexable. but I also don't care for Rude people, especially if you are going to be a paying customer.
rmoff1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #37
Reservations? Unless you absolutly want a certain campground at a certain time I don't really see the reason to do it. We went on a 7,000+ mile trip up the east coast last summer into Canada, Nova Scoita & PEI and we would only call and check for availability of a site as we were leaving the one we were in. Out of all the stops we made (29 different c/g) we only had one campground that said they were full, but recommended one right up the road that served us well.
R & E
No RV at the moment
OSP1268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #38
Three years ago, we had reservations at Navarre Beach Campground. The Thursday before we were due to leave (arrive on Sat.), our motorhome caught fire and burned to the ground. Although I knew their cancellation policy, I called as soon as their office opened on Friday morning to cancel and see if they would possibly give refund. Nope. Even offered to send them the FD report. Still, no. While I understand that they have a policy regarding cancellations, I would think most campgrounds would make exceptions for extreme circumstances (death, sickness, fire, etc.). Not mad about it because that was their choice; just as it is my choice to not use their campground again. : )

I'M TRYING to be awesome today, but I'M EXHAUSTED from being so freakin' AWESOME YESTERDAY!
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote

campground, florida