Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2013, 05:34 AM   #1

Biltmore Gardens Savannah, GA. Still Open?

I have been trying to call at various times over the past week to book into Biltmore Gardens in Savannah, GA. There is no answer, and no answer machine/voicemail. I checked the number to make sure listing innRV app matched the website.

The website is still up, but I can't find an email address to contact.

Does anyone know if this campground is still open, and does anyone have an email address or alternate phone number?

Thanks,

Drew.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdrew View Post
I have been trying to call at various times over the past week to book into Biltmore Gardens in Savannah, GA. There is no answer, and no answer machine/voicemail. I checked the number to make sure listing innRV app matched the website.

The website is still up, but I can't find an email address to contact.

Does anyone know if this campground is still open, and does anyone have an email address or alternate phone number?

Thanks,

Drew.
Here is a phone number: tel:912-236-4065

RV park reviews had a review posted from April of this year.

Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Here is a phone number: tel:912-236-4065

RV park reviews had a review posted from April of this year.
Hey Steve,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's the number I have been trying. Just tried it again now, still no answer. It's very odd.

Regards,

Drew.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #4

If you are self contained, a really good park is Hardeeville RV Park in Hardeeville, SC. Just about a 10 minute drive from the historic district of Savannah. It is also a PPA park.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #5

I might give up on them Drew. Their web site is not interactive at all and they may have had a phone change & just forgot about the site. Any particular reason you want to stay there? The reviews are certainly not great.

Here is another place that's close:
http://www.redgatecampground.com/
Old 08-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpharley View Post
If you are self contained, a really good park is Hardeeville RV Park in Hardeeville, SC. Just about a 10 minute drive from the historic district of Savannah. It is also a PPA park.
I found Hardeeville a horrid park and wouldn't stay again. Too many nicer options around.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #7

Thanks for the suggestions. Has anyone been to Red Gate recently? The reviews are not good for that one either.

Drew.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #8

Hey Drew, I too have been looking for a place in Savannah. Haven't found a one that looks worth going to. I'm thinking about taking the car and scouting out places first hand. Currently staying about 65 miles east of Savannah.

Kaye
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #9

Hi Kaye,

We are in North Carolina at the mo, so too far for us to make a scouting trip. If you do end up going I would be interested in what you find.

I had a couple of people recommend Red Gate Campground, but the TripAdvisor reviews online are not good at all. I called the campground on Tybee island but they are fully booked for the long weekend coming up which is when I am passing through that way.

Thanks,

Drew.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #10

I guess as full timers our needs are different than weekend campers. We found Hardeeville RV Park perfect for us. There is a laundry but no bathhouse so you must be self contained. And I would say there is nothing there for children. We had a great spot, were able to wash our rig, and met some great neighbors. Best of all, it is only about a 10 minute drive in light traffic to the historic district of Sacannah. And the price was great. If we were on vacation and looking for a destination park, we might think differently about Hardeeville.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Hi Kaye,

We are in North Carolina at the mo, so too far for us to make a scouting trip. If you do end up going I would be interested in what you find.

I had a couple of people recommend Red Gate Campground, but the TripAdvisor reviews online are not good at all. I called the campground on Tybee island but they are fully booked for the long weekend coming up which is when I am passing through that way.

Thanks,

Drew.
Drew,

If you are looking for a really nice place to stay for 2-3 days, check out the two on Hilton Head Island. We like the one on the water but both are nice. The drive to Savannah is 25 miles or so and HH is a great place to visit.

If you want any specific info email me directly at shownby@mac.com.

Steve O
'03 Sig
Old 08-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afubar View Post
Hey Drew, I too have been looking for a place in Savannah. Haven't found a one that looks worth going to. I'm thinking about taking the car and scouting out places first hand. Currently staying about 65 miles east of Savannah.

Kaye

Oops, meant 65 miles west. Coming from Oregon, most everything is east of there, just haven't adjusted my way of thinking yet.

okdrew, will let you know what I find..

What I'm looking for is a place to possibly stay the winter, seems to be a lot of things to do in Savannah, the haunted pub crawls sounds like a blast but 65 miles is too far for me to drive in the dark.

http://www.ghostsavannah.com/
Old 08-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #13

I called Hardeeville and they have space, so we are going to head there. Thanks for all the assistance and advice to everyone who contributed to this thread.

Drew.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Hi Kaye,

Thanks,

Drew.
OK, I know you are already set up but this is to let you know that the Biltmore Gardens is still in operation. I was by there today, checked the phone number and it's the same one as the one you have. No idea what could be wrong but perhaps the battery in their hearing aids were dead.

the place looked okay but the interior roads were on the small side and I'm not sure "big rig" ready, perhaps there was more to it than what I saw. Oh, and the water and electric hookups looked funny, with water on one side and electric on the other, strange.

Red Gate Campground - not my idea of a place to camp, I was there at around 1:30 pm and there were maybe 5 rigs and no one in office and no one to ask questions of. Just an open field with a few palm trees, no shade in field.

Sunshine RV Park, not bad, good deal on monthly rate, 450.00 per month that includes the electric.

Never did find Savannah Oaks but was running out of time.

Hope that helps others.