Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
Newmar Owners Club
Bkfst. w. Chickens & Keeping Abreast!!

Don't know where to begin to describe the wonderful stay we're having down here at Bluewater Key (MM 14.5) & Key West, FL.

Had breakfast in a great little side street restaurant called "Blue Heaven" the other day complete with local chickens and roosters pokin around,... ("it's an island ting..mon"),... while a little trio played and sang pleasant island music.

As far as Fantasy Fest goes.....WOW!!!....it's like non-stop Mardi-Gra and anything goes. As far as "keeping abreast of things" ...it's not hard to do. Say, speaking of keeping abreast of things....I NEVER knew they're like snow flakes......I've closely observed (scientifically ofcourse) and have discovered...there's no two (ah...four?) alike!!!....didn't know that before!! Never too old to learn . Ain't the study of science great!!!

From the sunset festival at Mallory Square to the Pete & Wayne show at Sloppy Joe's Bar on Duval St., this whole visit is well worth the..."splurge!" And, the weather?...."forget about it"....quintessential tropical!!

Come on down and enjoy!!!! Steve & Lynette

2014 Newmar 3103 BAYSTAR/Triton V10 w. Banks/05 Honda Element toad
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You lucky dog. Wish the wife would hurry up and retire. I can't wait to return to key west and try the duval crawl!!!

dajudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
I just got back as well. I stay at my RV lot in Marathon. The last night, someone actually was stabbed to death. Not typical and first time for the fest. I did get an eye full or two eyes full. Had a hard time telling some of the Guys from the Girls, with all the busts and all, it gets kinda hard to tell. I think the DW and I will make this an annual pilgrimage.

If you see the 6'4" - 400 lb. Guy dressed in all black with the scary full monster mask next time, say hi to me, eh, him!
2005 Safari Cheetah 38PDQ - 2009 Ford Flex
Me (Gatogonow), The Boss (DW), Honey Bunny, Maggie May and Mollie Kay (The Gatos)!
Jim Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:03 AM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
G'morning Jim: Yeah, we read about the stabbing, but we've never experienced such an exceptionally well behaved, exceedingly pleasant bunch of folks as we have down here at Fantasy Fest. We never, not once, witnessed rude, or bad behavior on ANYBODY'S part,....in fact, we actually saw folks helping others, all over the place. What a great experience.

We'll be heading up to Tampa on Wed. (Nov. 4th) so unless I saw that 6'4" monster in the crowd, we'll have to get together maybe next year. Bye for now.

Steve & Lynette
2014 Newmar 3103 BAYSTAR/Triton V10 w. Banks/05 Honda Element toad
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote