Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
whicks4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Blackwater River area FL- July 4th WE - any suggestions?

Looking for nice campground available at this late date near Blackwater River State Park, FL. Would like to go kayaking on the river over the 4th of July if I can find a place. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help! This is my first post on the forums.
__________________

__________________
whicks4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 71
There is an access to the river just before you get into the state park.
Just follow rd. to the park and it will be self evident.
Joe
__________________

__________________
1998 3500 Dodge DRW, 130,000 mi. on a 5.9L,24Vdiesel engine w/ turbo, 4 spd. 4:10 rear.
2003 Artic Fox 31W 2,10lb. rat terriers and "the cat"
Back to fulltime in 2014..YEA!!!
daydreamer36535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
whicks4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer36535 View Post
There is an access to the river just before you get into the state park.
Just follow rd. to the park and it will be self evident.
Joe
Thanks! Do you know of any other campgrounds in the area? The state park is already full.
__________________
whicks4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 71
google..."open pond campground"
you will have to drive from it to kayak the blackwater river...but at that time of year you are gonna have a problem finding a site.
Perhaps a private campground, but i don't camp those...sorry.
Joe
__________________
1998 3500 Dodge DRW, 130,000 mi. on a 5.9L,24Vdiesel engine w/ turbo, 4 spd. 4:10 rear.
2003 Artic Fox 31W 2,10lb. rat terriers and "the cat"
Back to fulltime in 2014..YEA!!!
daydreamer36535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
whicks4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer36535 View Post
google..."open pond campground"
you will have to drive from it to kayak the blackwater river...but at that time of year you are gonna have a problem finding a site.
Perhaps a private campground, but i don't camp those...sorry.
Joe
Thanks again, Nonie
__________________
whicks4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 115
In the Blackwater State Forest you have the Blackwater River State Park and several campgrounds run by the state forest service. You can get reservations for the state park, but not for those run by the forest - they are strictly first come, first serve. The state park is very nice, with full hook-ups, including sewer taps. The campground is within easy walking distance to the Blackwater River. The campgrounds run by the state forest (and not the park service), include Hurricane Lake, Bear Lake, and Krul Lake - there are others, but these are the ones we stay at. These do not take reservations and, on a popular week-end or holiday like July 4th, will probably fill up early. They usually have electric and water at every site, but not sewer. Our favorite is Bear Lake, but they are all nice. Be warned, Krul Lake doesn't allow pets. Here is a review I did of the campgrounds for another site: Blackwater River State Park and State Forest - Fiberglass RV
Another nice option would be the commercial campground at Adventures Unlimited on the Coldwater River. This is very close to the Blackwater State Forest and river. This is a semi-resort, with zip lines, canoe and tubing trips, and requires something like a two or three night minimum stay.
__________________
Yarcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
whicks4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarcola View Post
In the Blackwater State Forest you have the Blackwater River State Park and several campgrounds run by the state forest service. You can get reservations for the state park, but not for those run by the forest - they are strictly first come, first serve. The state park is very nice, with full hook-ups, including sewer taps. The campground is within easy walking distance to the Blackwater River. The campgrounds run by the state forest (and not the park service), include Hurricane Lake, Bear Lake, and Krul Lake - there are others, but these are the ones we stay at. These do not take reservations and, on a popular week-end or holiday like July 4th, will probably fill up early. They usually have electric and water at every site, but not sewer. Our favorite is Bear Lake, but they are all nice. Be warned, Krul Lake doesn't allow pets. Here is a review I did of the campgrounds for another site: Blackwater River State Park and State Forest - Fiberglass RV
Another nice option would be the commercial campground at Adventures Unlimited on the Coldwater River. This is very close to the Blackwater State Forest and river. This is a semi-resort, with zip lines, canoe and tubing trips, and requires something like a two or three night minimum stay.
Thank you so very much!!
Nonie
__________________

__________________
whicks4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.