Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #1

Bonita Springs, FL

Hi, my wife and I are from Colorado and have been thinking about spending some winter months in warmer weather. We travel with a motorcycle so FL will allow us to ride more. We're considering Bonita Springs RV resort for Oct, Nov, Dec. Anyone with advice or knowledge of this location?
COClint is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #2

Bonita Springs great area. Lots of things to do in that area. Have not stayed at that park. Stayed several times in Ft Myers and Ft Myers Beach. All in the same area. Red Coconut RV park in Ft Myers Beach is right on the beach.

We have rented condo's in Bonita Springs area.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by COClint View Post
Hi, my wife and I are from Colorado and have been thinking about spending some winter months in warmer weather. We travel with a motorcycle so FL will allow us to ride more. We're considering Bonita Springs RV resort for Oct, Nov, Dec. Anyone with advice or knowledge of this location?
Are you speaking of Bonita Lakes RV Resort?

I have stayed at Red Coconut and part of the park is on the beach, literally. The other part is across the street and has way less sand. Pretty tight park but I really like the location. The main drag on Estero Island where Red Coconut is located can be very busy, but it is an area where you can literally walk to several restaurants and walk out your door to be on the beach or across the street and be on the beach.

If you are talking about Bonita Lakes RV Resort, I believe it is about 6 miles to the beach. I have never stayed there so I can't provide any insight on Bonita Lakes RV Resort.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #4

We live in Naples & while having construction at our house we would stay at Lake San Marino in Bonita Beach, it's a couple of miles from the ocean but it's a great location for restaurants & the city of Naples, the park is okay, not real flashy but nice sites & reasonable rates.
If you want to stay at a beautiful resort (your going to pay a lot more) stay at Pelican Lake which is near Marco Island, this place is really nice & expensive but It's a really nice place.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #5

We have been to Bonita Lakes RV Resort http://www.bonitalake.com/ several times and to Lake San Marino only once, and once was enough.
Bonita Lakes: Their utilities are very good, all connections are in the back. Wi-Fi for a RV park is good and the hosts are great people. Also you can actually have a water view (some sites not all) of a canal with a lot of ducks. Streets are narrow, but are one way, so that has never been a problem. The park is also a lot quieter than Lake San Marino. Bonita Lakes is on Old US-41 and it's easy to get in and out of the park.
Lake San Marino: They say they have Wi-Fi, but they have Tango Net, and it does not work. They said they have a "hot spot" in the club house. The time we were there along with several other people none of us could get it to work. Their streets are also narrow, but they are two way. Most of the residents are very impatient French Canadian and do not like to wait while you back in. It does take quite a few turns to get into a site because of the narrow streets and narrow sites. You are very close to your neighbor here. They say they have a lake view, well they do if you happen to have one of the permanents on the lake, otherwise no! Also they have very few 50 Amp sites, mostly 30 Amp. Sites are very close together, lot closer than Bonita Lakes. We had a reservation when we went and they couldn't find it, then we wanted a 50 amp site, which we specified on the reservation and we had to wait for someone to leave before we could have that site. They did find the reservation later. The hosts may be volunteers, not sure on that. If you are anywhere near the road going past the park, big trucks run back and forth starting about 4 to 5 AM every day all day. The road dead ends into a stone and concrete plant.

Price wise, both are about the same. Also, both are back in only. And by the way, these parks are only about 3 miles or so apart, so you are close to everything.

They above is just my wife and my opinions, in the end you have to decide for yourself. Read the reviews on RV Park Reviews :: Campground Search

Good Luck
Old 03-16-2014, 06:14 AM   #6

We also stayed at Lake San Marino for 1 night. I would stay at a truck stop before I would go there again. Even if they paid me the nightly rate.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote