Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #1

We are trying to plan a trip to Branson Missouri
around X-mas this year and am wantimg any suggestions on campgrounds and entertainment in the area.wheer to stay and where not to stay.

36ft dutch star and Jeep cherokee as toad

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #2

We are trying to plan a trip to Branson Missouri
around X-mas this year and am wantimg any suggestions on campgrounds and entertainment in the area.wheer to stay and where not to stay.

36ft dutch star and Jeep cherokee as toad

Old 06-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #3

We stayed at a nice campground there a few years ago. Inexpensive and well kept. A bit hilly though. We stayed in one of their camping cabins. The pool was nice and shaded as well. I can't remember the name and we lost all of our vacation files in Katrina. I will dig around online and see if I can find it for you. The owners were awesome. They even let us apply our AAA discount to a friend's cabin as well as our own. Very friendly. The store was decent size as well and seemed well stocked and not dusty like some I have been in.

As for attractions. We did Silver Dollar City and the Pirate Cruise. We wanted to do the train through the mountains, but it was not working the day we went. We loved the Pirate Cruise, but would not recommend it in the winter. They also have go carts and Ripley's and all of your typical touristy things similar to Pigeon Forge and Myrtle Beach (only w/o the beach).

I don't have any tourbooks or campbooks from that area right now. Next time I am out, I will swing by AAA and pick them up and see if I can find the exact things we did. We did have a great time and want to go back. We went in late June and I was 6 months preggie at the time.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #4

OK, I found the place we stayed. It was Tall Pines. Still looks about the same. Here is the link Tall Pines website .

I also found one called Compton Ridge when I was looking for this one. It looks nice (maybe nicer), but is very big. I prefer smaller places. I know that Tall Pines has lots of trees and great views.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote