Originally Posted by reubenray
I am thinking of staying here instead of the KOA in Carlsbad in late October, but I have a few questions.
1) Does Brantley Lake have laundry facilities?
2) On the map layout it only shows half of the campground that is reservations can be made vs what the Google maps show?
3) RVParkRevies shows it has full hookups, but that info is not shown on the New Mexico Reserve America website. Does it have full hookups?
4) Does it have 50 amp power?
We are here now, but will be leaving in the next few days.
1) No. And we went into Carlsbad to the 1 and only "do it yourself" laundry facility and it was jam packed. We opted to wait until our next RV Park visit.
2,3,4) This is true. One half is for Reserve America online reservations. And only 2 have FULL hookups (which just includes sewer), the rest have water and electric (30A). The other half is first come first serve and most of these sites have both water and electric (30A). Most are backin's with 2 or 3 pull throughs. Right now it has a fair share of empty spots.
There is a ranger shack at the entrance but it is closed. There is also a camp host at the first space on the right when you pull into the CG entrance.
Note: Get here in the daylight. The turn off is a little hard to see at night off of 285. There are no street lights and the road to the park entrance is 5 miles on a windy road.
It is REALLY quiet and when the clouds are blown away by the wind the stars are awesome. The lake is OK if you have a boat (no swimming). The wildlife are birds, roadrunners and rabbits. Lots of rabbits.. Enjoy.