Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #1

Brew Pubs & Wineries

One of things we like doing on our travels is trying different beers and wines, but mostly beers for DW. We have found some excellent little Micro Breweries on the Oregon coast and in Idaho. We stopped at Rogue Brewery in Newport Oregon (some great beers there.....oh double chocolate stout!), also at Pelican Brewery in Pacific City Oregon (again some great ones, but a few not so good, everyone has there own!), and at Coeur d'Alene the Coeur d'Alene Brewing Co. (vanilla bourbon stout OMG!!) but this place was shut down the last we went through there (summer 2010) anyone know what gives there? Let us know about any places where you live or travel to. Maybe one day we will put all BP's and W's on a map or in a book (the thirsty travellers).

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Port Aransas Brewing Co in Port Aransas, TX (On the island). Also has a killer hamburger!

www.portabrewing.com

& 2014 Jeep Sahara Unlimited Toad
"Get It While You Can"
jwomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #3

If you have a droid or iphone there is an app called "find craft beer". I have traveled heavy for work for thr last few years and it was a great resouce. Gps? Get POI's from www.poi-factory.com. They have an Oregon brewpub one for sure. As for general website, www.pubcrawler.com. By the way i am a home brewer and only drink craft beers, unless i am forced to drink a Guinness do being at a chain restaurant
leenchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenchar View Post
If you have a droid or iphone there is an app called "find craft beer". I have traveled heavy for work for thr last few years and it was a great resouce. Gps? Get POI's from www.poi-factory.com. They have an Oregon brewpub one for sure. As for general website, www.pubcrawler.com. By the way i am a home brewer and only drink craft beers, unless i am forced to drink a Guinness do being at a chain restaurant
Oh home brews are good, I used to do that too but I found out I was just to darn impatient to wait. All that good stuff is brewin away and you have to wait until it's done. Needless to say I never built up much of a back stock to work off of. Thanx for the websites
Old 02-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #5

Here in Indiana we are blessed with an abundance of great wineries, one of the wife and I's new favorites, is called Huber Winery, in Starlight Indiana. Not only a great winery but on the same property they have a farmers market with fresh produce and cheese. Well worth the trip!!
http://www.huberwinery.com

2003 Skyline 303C 32ft TT
ffmd212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you checked out Harvest Hosts?
Free Camping with Harvest Hosts at Wineries, Farms and Orchards
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantz View Post
Wow great posts you guys, we're going to scour that site. Also Huber Winery, in Starlight Indiana from ffmd212. I can see we are going to have to be FT's and hit the road very soon. Just too much to see. Thanx!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #8

Thanks for starting the thread. Always looking for new places to visit and sample

Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #9

Another great way to find mini breweries and brewpubs is with Pubcrawler. Also there is an android version for the smart phone. BTW if your ever in the western Pa area, you need to go to North Country Brewing in Slippery Rock, Pa. Great food & beer. If your lucky they will have the stinky hippy on tap when you get there, but if they don't, they almost always have about 10 really good brews available. Enjoy.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #10

Hey no problem. I was just sitting here thinking today about our summer trip down to Oregon and thought well maybe it will come up through this forum about some new places to try. If we ever get to your neck of the woods we'll definitely inquire about the places to see and go to, never know maybe we could hook up somewhere.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #11

fyi....there is a national publication called "ale street news" that is all about craft beer. it has a usa/canada directory by state for breweries and brew pubs. never leave home without it. always looking for good beer. checkout the website: www.alestreetnews.com . theres also one for the north east states. i think its called the" mid-atlantic brewers news". enjoy.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #12

Sounds great! Nothing better than finding new beers, and new friends to share them with!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Guess I'll have to add some wineries since the beer listings seem to be way outnumbering the wineries.....nothing against beer, I personally like beer especially from local microbreweries. Some of my fav's from past travels:

Northern/Central Ohio
Ferrante Winery & Ristorante , Old Mill Winery , Laurello Vineyards , The Winery at Spring Hill , Virant Family Winery - Geneva
Old Firehouse Winery - Geneva-on-the-Lake
St. Joseph Vineyard - Thompson
Debonne Vineyard - Madison
Raven's Glenn Winery & Restaurant - West Lafayette
Maize Valley Market & Winery - Hartville
Black Sheep Vineyard - Adena
Stoney Ridge Winery - Bryan
Soine Vineyards - Powell
Wyandotte Winery - Columbus

Michigan
St. Julian Winery - Paw Paw (multiple locations in the state, too)
Peninsula Cellars , Chateau Grand Traverse - Traverse City
Bel Lago Vineyard - Cedar
Lemon Creek Winery - Grand Haven

Pennsylvania
Helixville Winery - Helixville
Briar Valley Vineyard & Winery - Bedford
Mount Nittany Winery & Vineyard - Centre Hall
Volant Mill Winery - Volant
Foxburg Wine Cellars - Foxburg
Chaddsford Winery - Chadds Ford

Kentucky
Broad Run Vineyard - Louisville
River Valley Winery - Carrollton

West Virginia
Lambert's Vintage Wines - Weston

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #14

Washington State is covered in wineries and breweries. One of the earliest "craft" breweries started out in a disused street-car barn in the Seattle suburb of Fremont. It's called the Redhook Brewery and has gone big time now, selling its beers to Costco and Sam's Club and all over the country.

Even in a town as small as Anacortes (16,000 or so) we have two brew-pubs. Maybe it's because there are so many ex-pat Brits in this part of the world who like the traditional UK style beer.