Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Brownsville

Any one have news about RV parking in resorts in Brownsville for Month of Feb. 2011? I have 40 foot Motor Home.
Thanks
Rebel
rebelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Google

Take your pick. Lots of snow birds land down in the Rio Grande Valley. Your 40' won't be the smallest there.

On another note, with all of the drug cartel problems in Mexico, I don't travel down that way...the river is pretty shallow and bullets don't know borders.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
You might look around Port Isabel and South Padre Island. We stayed in one right on the bay - very beautiful, etc. but was 12 years ago and I don't remember the name but it was on the West side of the bridge that goes to South Padre Island near Brownsville.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:47 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. What I was after is, news as how many RV parks are open for drop in visitor. I will be traveling to Brownsville without reservations as I do not know exactly when I will be there.First part of February at this time.
Thanks again
Rebel
Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #5

Just pick out a couple CG and give them a call. Chances are if they don't have openings then they can refered you to another CG. Thats what i did the first time I went to the RGV
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:21 AM   #6

Winterhaven resort in Brownsville has several rental lots and many owners also rent out their lots. Winterhaven Resort - Home Page another nice resort in Brownsville is Riverbend. River Bend Resort and Golf Course Brownsville, Texas
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:46 AM   #7

My RGV RV park reference is RV in the Rio Grande Valley and Deep South Texas Campgrounds & Resorts . When you have a short list of possible parks, RV Park Reviews :: Home helps with the "sight-unseen" thing.
I haven't yet made a reservation in the RGV and always find a place to land-so far.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks again for the help, Looks like we will play it by ear, take a chance. Have listed several of the suggestions, will take them along.
Rebel