Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2016, 10:52 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Butte, Montana

We need to overnight there for my DH to do some medical tests at Quest Diagnostics. From what I've found, haven't found a campground with very good ratings. Any suggestions? Need full hookups and we have a 45 ft mh pulling a Dodge Ram.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2016, 12:11 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Debbie...... First, I think I may have stayed at the 2 Bar Lazy H a few years ago. It sounds familiar, but I'll have to check my comp in the morning. I can at least tell you that nothing negative sticks in my memory.

Second, Don't be put off by the reviews of the KOA. Those three one-star reviews a month ago are obviously three guys in the same group that had some kind of beef with the manager. There are dedicated groups of people who just love to bash KOA. We have stayed at KOAs several times around the country, and find them to be perfectly adequate. They are the Holiday Inn of campgrounds-- never luxurious, rarely bad, usually eminently adequate, and no surprises.

Just my posting this will probably engender a couple of dozen new posts about different folks with terrible stories about KOA. And there's one guy who will jump in , being clever, and say that KOA stands for Keep On Adding, because they always tack on extra charges.

Horror stories and excessive fees-- in four years we've never encountered either. I'd pull into an unknown KOA without hesitation.

Good Luck!

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS, FL, Cat330, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks JFXG. I will probably stay at the KOA. We are currently at the KOA in West Glacier and it is very nice. On this trip, we have stayed at quite a few KOA's and they have been fine .... Was just concerned because a couple of reviews I read said they didn't feel safe. But, guess I'm in no more danger there than I am in my home town of New Orleans!
Old 07-21-2016, 08:35 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Stayed at the KOA one night on our way back home to Alaska. Nothing special, fine for a night or two. More of a utilitarian stop.

I do remember the smell of something like a grease trap once you were close to the office. You had to hold your breath anytime you were nearby.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:34 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I stayed at Butte KOA in June 2014 and July 2015. It was one of the better places I stayed. It is right next to the Chamber of Commerce that has tours departing from there. They are busy during the summer so must be ok for most people. One note of caution- tried to book online and it was reported full. But called direct and there was plenty of room.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:16 PM   #6

We stayed at Butte KOA in 2012. It was not a great site. Very Unlevel. Also the sewer went uphill and it was a long ways away. Laundry and pool were OK. It was crowded but lots of places are. Keep expectations low and then you may get a great surprise. It may have been improved??
Krashqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:48 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are currently staying at Fairmont RV Park - Fairmont Montana near Anaconda. The sites are large & the park is quite nice. It is not too far a drive to Butte so it might work for you. They offer weekly rates that we found to be pretty reasonable for the area. We have 50 amp, water, and sewer. Fairmont Hot Springs is next door with pools/spas.
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:00 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks everyone for the replies. We are only looking at one night as we have reservations at Grizzly in West Yellowstone starting on Tuesday. Only going to be there for Dan's blood test at Quest Diagnostics on Tuesday morning. Butte was the closest Quest that we will be near this month. I have made a reservation at the KOA. Thanks again! Lynn
Old 07-25-2016, 09:40 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Currently at the KOA in Butte, Mt. It is a lot better than the reviews I have read. Very easy checkin and the sites are gravel with some grass. Nice walking trail behind the campground. Right next to the Chamber visitors center. Butte has had a lot of money invested in tourism and it shows. I would stay here again. FYI. Lynn
Old 07-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Currently at the KOA in Butte, Mt. It is a lot better than the reviews I have read. Very easy checkin and the sites are gravel with some grass. Nice walking trail behind the campground. Right next to the Chamber visitors center. Butte has had a lot of money invested in tourism and it shows. I would stay here again. FYI. Lynn

I'm glad it worked out. Ask at the office where to to get pasties, (pronounced pass-teez) and Truzzolino tamales. Another Butte specialty is Pork Chop John sandwiches but they are #3 on my list.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana