Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2014, 10:58 PM   #1

Calif I-10 thru El Paso South to along the Gulf to Fla.

I have Streets & Trips to use and Rand McNally GPS's and I know how to use them.

Thinking out loud here we want to leave Central Valley of California hit I-10 thru El Paso towards Big Bend National Park in Texas and scooting along the Gulf (heading inland if it suits us) going all the way to Fla. in Spring/Summer. What tips and or advice ya got? <~~~~ But can stop there for now

Then up the east coast. <~~~~~~This would be a post later.

Thanks
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I suggest also hitting San Antonio and see the Alamo, then New Orleans for Natl; WWII Museum, {Last day of Mardi Gras March 4}, Jefferson Davis Home, See Blue Angels & Museum (FREE) at Pensacola NAS, .....
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Lee,

We were going to spend two days at Big Bend the first time we went, stayed a week! Great place.

As you zip along I-10 in Texas, you'll be close to Fredericksburg. It's a good place for at least one full day.

Fredericksburg Texas Online - VISITOR GUIDE, TOURISM and TRAVEL information for the BEST of Fredericksburg Tx in the beautiful Hill Country. STAY, PLAY, FOOD, DRINK and CULTURE! Attractions, Hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, Dining, Wine, Music, Art, Shopp
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you're a Good Sam member I would recommend their Trip Planner http://www.goodsamclub.com/travel/freetriprouting/ over S&T. It is up to date, and once you're done with your route you can load in onto your Rand McNally device through the Dock program.

I just did a route from NV to AL and it was very easy to use and showed RV parks and fuel stops.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #5

Thanks so much for the tips..... Yes we are Good Sam Lifetime Members I will have to check into it.....
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Coming back from zig-zagging California's NPs, we took hwy 62/180 out of El Paso through Guadalupe Mtn NP and on up to Carlsbad Caverns NP. If you haven't been to the caverns, it's worth the sidetrack. After 3 days, it was on to Big Bend. We chose to stay in Marathon and day tripped into the park from there. Glad we took the Jeep to the mountains in the park(narrow and steep) - also drove the Old Maverick Rd. The visitor's ctr. is a good stop to see what sections of the park you want to visit.

After Big Bend NP, we jumped back up onto I-10 and headed home to Florida. After Alaska, five months and over 13K miles, it was time to go home but glad we made those stops.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to phredsee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
If you're a Good Sam member I would recommend their Trip Planner Good Sam Club over S&T. It is up to date, and once you're done with your route you can load in onto your Rand McNally device through the Dock program.

I just did a route from NV to AL and it was very easy to use and showed RV parks and fuel stops.
Great tip, not aware of how GS has updated it. We'll try it on our Washington, DC trip!