Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Camp LeJeune

DH and I went this weekend to Onslow Beach Recreation Area, a Camp LeJeune Military rec. area. We both had been looking forward to setting up camp and listening to the frogs and crickets then peaceful sleep. We had been in bed about an hour when all **** broke loose. A Helicopter group (about 8) started doing nighttime insertions of troops, with their low level flight path directly over our campsite. They had their lights off so were probably using night goggles for navagating. This went on for about 1.5 hrs - so much for listening to the frogs and crickets. Gotta Love those fly boys - DH is a retired Helicopter Pilot. Have to say DH was not amused!
Then to round off the weekend DH got a mild case of food poisoning and it poured buckets of rain for the entire day and night (this was OK with me, I got to watch the LSU game) All was well on Sunday for our return home. You know you love to camp when at the end we both said we had a good time camping and being together.
Our next adventure is to Myrtle Beach Travel Park in October. Has anyone been there? If so tell us about your time there.

Cyndee & Bruce
16th on 5
Pinehurst, NC

viewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I lived in Southern Pines for several years; Ft Bragg was so active a few times I thought my home suffered structural damage! Pinehurst is a on the other side, you must not hear it.
Have not been to the Myrtle Beach Travel park, but I have heard nice things and you will enjoy Myrtle Beach area.

2011 Tiffin Allegro34TGA
2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Explorer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 AM   #3
Spent four years at Lejeune, would like to return to see how it has changed.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
You know those Marines, they ain't happy unless they are aggravating somebody or something.

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything"
2008 Newmar VTDP - 3330 - ISBXT 350 Spartan NVS
Toad - 2013 Mini Cooper S or 93 Nissan 4WD PU
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
Spent 2 years at LeJune and don't care to go back!
Lee,Marge Living Our Dream-Fulltiming!
Beaufort SC, Winter Harmony PA Summer
Semper Fi In God We Trust
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #6
I see you are in Beaufort, would like to tour Parris Island also, time heals all wounds.Left PI 5/8/62 and swore I would never return, getting old I guess.

Originally Posted by Baby Bear View Post
Spent 2 years at LeJune and don't care to go back!
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #7
I lived on Onslow Beach for two years serving with the 2nd Recon Battalion 78 and 79. Went through a few years back and did not even recognize the Island anymore. Glad to hear they have not turned it into an amusement park, at least some things have not changed.

Never been to the park in Myrtle Beach.

Semper Fi

Jim & Toni
2013 Sportcoach 405FK
2012 Jeep Liberty
Park is offline   Reply With Quote