Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #1

Campground in Oxford MS?

Hi y'all! Thought it posted but I guess not. We are heading to oxford in a few days and are looking for an overnight stop. I looked at the reviews on this site for places but many reviews are 6-7 years old. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good safe place for a stop somewhere between Water Valley and Oxford, MIssissippi.
Thanks!

Heartland Owners Club #2605, &RVM #80
CrowdedCampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
I looked at rvparkreviews.com and couldn't find a CG between those towns. Not knowing the paramenters of your needs, I suggest that you go to the web site and search for something near your desired destination.

Nick

Old 01-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try RV Parky to see what is available then go to rvparkreviews and see what they say. safe travels ed
Old 01-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #4

Try around Sardis. John W. Kyle State Park comes to mind, never stayed there but have heard good reports.
GWDawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #5

There aren't any campgrounds in Oxford that I know of. You didn't say which direction you were coming from but check out Wall Doxey state park north of Oxford near Holly Springs. The closest thing to Oxford would be one of several campgrounds around Sardis Lake. If you want to stay near Water Vally you will need to stay at one of the parks around Enid Lake. I live in the area but have never stayed at any of these parks but Wall Doxey is a state park and Sardis and Enid will be Corps of Engineer parks.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:33 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedCampr View Post
Hi y'all! Thought it posted but I guess not. We are heading to oxford in a few days and are looking for an overnight stop. I looked at the reviews on this site for places but many reviews are 6-7 years old. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good safe place for a stop somewhere between Water Valley and Oxford, MIssissippi.
Thanks!
we use the allstays website extensively to find overnight stops, usually free. allstays is free to use and is kept up to date by users.

Mississippi MS Wal mart Store Locations Map

Overnight RV parking etiquette
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:28 AM   #7

Thanks everyone for the tips! We will check around Sardis lake. I did look at a couple maps and the rv park reviews but haven't looked at rv parky yet. It's easy to see a list of campgrounds but nice when you find people with current reviews.

If we can't find one near Sardis lake we will probably boondock for a night! Thanks again and yes, do dawgs!

Heartland Owners Club #2605, &RVM #80
CrowdedCampr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, ford