Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
P&S

Campground in Washington DC

I'm looking for another campground beside Cherry Hill (getting really expensive!) in the Washington DC area. I have heard of some just as nice as Cherry Hill, but lost my notes on it. Any info would be appreciated
Thanks,
P&S

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #2

Try 'nearby' for affordable at reviews for info:
RV Park Reviews :: Clarksburg, Maryland ( MD ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews

Old 04-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #3

I live in the DC area and Cherry Hill is the best you will find anywhere close. Yes it is expensive it's Washington D.C. get used to it. Everything around here is expensive. If you don"t believe it just look in the paper at our "depressed value" real estate.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&S View Post
I'm looking for another campground beside Cherry Hill (getting really expensive!) in the Washington DC area. I have heard of some just as nice as Cherry Hill, but lost my notes on it. Any info would be appreciated
Thanks,
P&S
Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority has a campground at Bull Run Park, about 25 miles west of DC. : Reservations

If you’ve got military credentials, Quantico Marine Base has a very nice campground at Lunga Lake, about 30 miles south of DC. : Quantico Marine Corps Community Services | Serving Those Who Serve

There’s a private campground, Aquia Pines, about 20 miles south of DC. : Washington DC Camping/Campground/RV Park: Fredericksburg, Virginia/Civil War

Fairkax County Park Authority has a couple of campgrounds. One at Burke Lake: Burke Lake Park Campgrounds, Fairfax County Park Authority and one at Lake Faifax: Lake Fairfax Park Campgrounds, Fairfax County Park Authority

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-17-2011, 10:23 PM   #5

I don't know how far you are willing to drive, but here's one that's just outside the beltway.

Duncan's Family Campground
5381 Sands Road
Lothian, MD 20711
(800) 222-2086
or (410) 741-9558

We used to stay there every year for a dog show at the equestrian center in Prince George's County, but it has been several years since the last one we attended there. I can't vouch for the condition now, but it was a very nice park then, and the people who ran it were very nice.

Stu, I like your signature. I've used that line once or twice myself.

-- Loren
Old 05-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
You might try Pohick State Park, just south of Alexandria, VA. It is pretty close and has a golf course nearby.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
We stayed at the Duncan Family CG this past April and found it very convenient. It was about a 20 minute drive to the train/subway for visits into the city. They also had a shuttle.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Amen on Duncan's, nice well run campground.
Shuttle to DC every am.
Quiet, peaceful good for kids !